Holiday Showcase December 7

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello Dancers!Thank you for your speedy replies about the Holiday Showcase at the studio on December 7.I have dancers:KelliJenniferSueMichiyoYukaHelenMaryAnnAricaSandy WNina (not dancing, but available to help)I'll pick a couple sets and post them here. Let me know if you have any music requests or would like to do floorwork or balancing.Thanks!Anita

Anonymous

Hello Dancers!You will be doing 2 short sets for the Holiday Showcase.  I have divided you up into 2 groups.Set 1Blessings, Solace, Ahsas 3.34Ney from Country Dance, 4.05Bow/Exit:  Hosanni OoDancers for Set 1:KelliJenniferHelenMaryAnnArica (chorus only)Leigh Anne + 2 (chorus only)Set 2:Nutcracker (Roah Albi), 2.27United Nubians, 4.21Bow/Exit:Elilah FarhDancers for Set 2:SueMichiyoYukaSandyArica (chorus only)Leigh Anne + 2 (chorus only)Leigh Anne, can you lead the chorus-only dancers in a brief quartet to Hosanni Oo at the end of the first set?You can communicate with each other to break out the set and any costuming desires.  Please make sure you have the basics-- pantaloons, skirt, choli and coin bra.  Hair tied back neatly and whatever adornments and embellishments you like.  Please help each other out and share if someone needs a costuming item.I will be at the studio all day Saturday, November 29 to help you with your planning, and of course, you are most welcome to run the sets between L2 and L3, 1:15pm - 2pm.Please plan to be at the studio and ready to perform by 7pm.  Doors for friends and family open at 7, and performances start at 7:30.  If you want to come early to get ready at the studio, I will be there starting 5pm.Looking forward to a deliciously fun Holiday Showcase!Anita

Anonymous

Thank you Anita! I'm pumped!Excited to dance with you all!

Anonymous

Wooo, how exciting! Looking forward to it.  Thanks Anita!

Anonymous

Hi Anita,Yes, I can lead Hosanni:  were you thinking starting off with the quartet, then circle up for an exit, or did you want a bow at the end of the first set?  Just so I know to go over it this week with my students (who are Lisa Caparra and Jeannine Bamman).  LA

Anonymous

Helloo Dancers!IMPORTANT INFORMATION, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!MaryAnn was the only dancer from Set 1 in class on Saturday, so we took the liberty of picking the set:Blessings, one trio, regular formationMaryAnn, Helen, KelliNey from Country Dance, one diagonal trio, one duetTrio:  Jennifer, Kelli, HelenDuet:  MaryAnn, HelenHosanni Oo, one quartet, bow, exitQuartet, lead by Leigh Anne, Arica, Lisa, JeannineRESPONDING TO LEIGH ANNE'S QUESTION ABOUT THE END OF THE FIRST SET:For Hosanni, Leigh Anne will lead her quartet for the first 40 seconds saidi section of the song.At the end of the saidi section, when Leigh Anne finishes, ALL DANCERS IN SET 1 WILL STOP PLAYING THEIR ZILS and raise their arms overhead.  Chorus dancers will walk out to join the featured Hossani quartet.  Here's the count:Chorus dancers will walk forward and line up for the bow -- 16 COUNTSHOLD ARMS OVERHEAD FOR 8 COUNTS (be patient and enjoy the applause!)BOW for 8 COUNTS (arms down for 4, arms up for 4)HOLD ARMS OVERHEAD FOR 16 MORE COUNTSSTART PLAYING ZILS (this is right at the beginning of the next Saidi section), TURN TO THE RIGHT, AND SHIMMY OFFSTAGE.Dancers in Set 2 were all in class on Saturday and know what they need to do.  Chorus dancers for Set 2 (LeighAnne, Arica, Lisa, and Jeannine) do not need to bow.  After the featured dancers in Set 2 take their bow, Set 2 dancers can circle up and exit.As mentioned before, I will be at the studio around 5 if you want to come early and prep at the studio. Let's plan to meet at 6:45 to verbally run the set one last time before you perform.  Doors at 7, show starts at 7:30.See you this Sunday!Anita

Anonymous

Ladies, I regret to inform you that I will not be making the showcase this weekend after all. I did not get the time off that I requested from my boss, and, to top it off, I believe that my bag of bellydance clothes (at least what I bring to class so zils, shoes, skirt, cholis) was stolen out of my car when it got broken into earlier this week. Hopefully I am wrong and it is in the trunk of my car that is at the body shop! Needless to say, I hope you all have a wonderful time and I will be there in spirit! May the shimmy be with you! <3

Anonymous

Thank you so much Anita for the detail and working with us at L3 class last Saturday!  I’m so looking forward to dancing and spending time with you all this Sunday!!!Arica, sorry to hear about your car...  Hope you will find your bellydance clothes in the trunk, fingers crossed!!!

Anonymous

Hey, Anita-I'd be glad to fill in, if you need a substitute for Arica. Sorry about your car, Arica. Hope you find your things!

Anonymous

Hiya,I'm really sorry, I suck at remembering to check the forum. Got the info, looking forward to dancing with everyone  😀 😀

Anonymous

Got it – thanks for the deets!

Anonymous

Here is the final list, we got 38 people confirmed including the guest, and potluck list is AWESOME!So looking forward to it!!!http://www.evite.com/event/0141AF5BCFU564WT2EPENELFFBNGA4PotLuck List - dated Dec 6  Chips and salsa Cheese & Bread  Chocolate Eclairs  Inari  Kale salad  Crackers and Cheese  Veggies & Dip  Fruit Salad  Vegan curried lima beans & Bread/Somesuch Cookies (Vegan and Regular)  White Wine xxx means a lot!  Red Wine xxx  Soft Drinks xxx  xxx means a lot!  Plates, cups, napkins, tables and cutlery 3-4 ChairsSee you tomorrow everyone!Michiyo

Anonymous

See you all this evening at 6:45!Have a great day!Anita

Anonymous

Thank you everyone at last night's Holiday Showcase:) I had a lot of fun dancing with you all!! yeeeeeep! ;D

Anonymous

Excellent job everyone! I had so much fun dancing with you all  😀 😀 😀  Looking forward to the next opportunity!*zaghareet*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘BlueDiamondsBellyDance’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.