Jaipur skirt under a 25 Yard Skirt–Costuming Question

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Unknown on tribe.net.Fairly new to ATS. I dont see this being done, is there anything wrong with doing so? Thanks beauties!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Erika on tribe.net.I dont see why not, Id say go right ahead!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Eileen on tribe.net.Ive seen it done in live performance. Cant point you to a photo or video, though theres sure to be some out there.br/br/Its fine. As with any new costuming you try, you may need a little time to sort out the best way to arrange it. It would seem a bit sad to just let them both hang, so no-one ever gets to see the Jaipur... but if you have certain habits of wrapping and tucking, the shape and movement could be affected by the different hem lengths.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Alicia on tribe.net.It just seems like a bit of a waste of the jaipur pattern to hide it under another skirt!

Anonymous

Originally posted by angela on tribe.net.My troupe did this at a performance just last night - we wrapped & tucked our skirts so that about a hands width of jaipur showed beneath the black skirts. It was a nice pop of color & pattern!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Unknown on tribe.net.I have seen a few way of doing this, and I agree it looks great. In fact it was being done during the FCBD Cues and Tattoos show this year. br/br/Love to you all!!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Unknown on tribe.net.I know there is a shift towards the hemmed double tiererd skirts. Albeit lovely, I havent totally warmed up to yet and am not ready to say goodbye my 4 tiered cupcakes skirt and Jaipurs-love affair. Two Bits.br/br/Love to you all!br/br/-d-

Anonymous

Originally posted by Unknown on tribe.net.I am going to re post as a new thread cuz I am curious as to the thoughts of others on this.br/br/xxbr/br/-d-

Anonymous

Originally posted by Shay Moore on tribe.net.Dana, lest there is confusion, there is no rules about this. There isnt a uniform code or anything. Mix and match however you like!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.