Memorabilia

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I'm a bit of a pack rat, admittedly.  My husband on the other hand is an extreme minimalist.  Opposites attract?I'm completely gutting my vanity/wardrobe/bellydance/burlesque-room.  It's the only room in the house where I have free reign to have way too much shit.  I'm really trying to just get rid of things that I don't need.  One area that needs shedding is my belly dance memorabilia.  "My first ______" fill in the blank.  Workshop notes, GS handouts, every hand out from every workshop instructor, 1 copy of every poster I've EVER distributed for classes, old brochures, newspaper ads, articles, ugh ugh ugh.  I'm so sick of it all, but it makes me happy to relive those moments and reflect on what I've learned and what my journey has been.Do you all keep these sorts of things?  Does anyone want to email Hoarders on my behalf?

Anonymous

Personally, I think it's perfectly normal/natural to save some of the things you've mentioned.I've said it before and I'll say it again, here in front of all our ATS(r) sisters; what you need is your very own dance studio lil' mama!!!  There done, it's out there now make it happen.Do it 🙂

Anonymous

Carrie, I save all those things, too, organized in binders. 🙂

Anonymous

I believe that keeping some things without use more than a year is a bad omen. I think it's keeping me from moving forward, I feel like I'm holding my memories and impressions and don't let something new happen to me. That's why I'm selling my old costumes and jewerly and throw away all posters and flyers right after events. I'm always changing my room (and other rooms also) and this makes my husband crazy 🙂 I think everyone is inspired by their own special things either old ones or new.

Anonymous

I believe that keeping some things without use more than a year is a bad omen. I think it's keeping me from moving forward, I feel like I'm holding my memories and impressions and don't let something new happen to me. That's why I'm selling my old costumes and jewerly and throw away all posters and flyers right after events. I'm always changing my room (and other rooms also) and this makes my husband crazy 🙂 I think everyone is inspired by their own special things either old ones or new.

Anita, there will be nothing for your kids to have to clean out one day! LOL

Anonymous

I too tend to keep bits and pieces from events. Started mostly cause someone had a pretty card, then mementos of events where danced or met someone….so got myself a pin board for my “dance room”.  Filled it in a flash.  Im now thinking may need another one!!! I look at (even as typing) and think of events, the people …they are still in my life and well it just makes me smile and be inspired. Strangely in other areas of my life/clothing Im not quite so bad … 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.