Mixed Level Drills

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

FCBD teachers, can you briefly describe the format of a mixed level drills class how you teach it?  Thanks.  Joan 😉 

Anonymous

I have the class follow me in a drill; access what needs work; offer instruction and critique; set them in individual, partner and chorus drills for review.Truly mixed level is difficult-we segregate the class by L1, L2, L3 and L4 so the only "mixed" is the various personal levels of technique with the specific level.A mixed level class of say, beginners to advanced, requires a lot of cooperation from the students and a lot of specific direction, per skill level and personal limitations, from the teacher.I don't recommend it unless you are willing to nit pick and control the entire class session. Otherwise, feelings are hurt and nothing really gets accomplished.

Anonymous

Thank you Carolena.  Mixed level is probably not the right word.  The drills class is made up of dancers that have been through at least one 12 week session of level 3 and/or above.  I don't do a drills class for the other levels at this time.  Are there specific moves that are reviewed each week or does it just depend on what you observe in the drill you lead that particular day?Thanks.  Joan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.