More information on Advanced Teacher Training

This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi everyone,I took your questions back to Carolena and Megha and have some more information for you about the Advanced Teacher Training.First, the ATT will provide you with in-depth training on how to be a teacher who can attract students.  You will polish your skills while having access to 1:1 input from Carolena and Megha.The application process will be stringent.  You won't be accepted unless they think you are ready as evidenced by the materials that you submit for your application.  However, being accepted does not mean that you will automatically pass.  You will have to put in the hard work in order to do so.For those who do achieve the Advanced Teacher status, you will:1.  Be approved as an instructor for the Sister Studio Continuing Education program2.  Be on a special Advanced Teacher page of the FCBD® web site with a listing that will include your bio, workshop specialties, photograph and a link to your own business web page.3.  Be eligible for receiving referrals from FCBD® for workshops.As for criteria for passing, you must be able to represent the dance in a beautiful way, demonstrate that you can instruct and manage a class, and demonstrate that you can teach ATS® movements.  This is not meant to be a comprehensive list.  There may be other criteria that are used to evaluate your progress throughout the course.  Please continue to ask questions.  If you would prefer your questions be more private, feel free to email me at terri@fcbd.com.  Thanks. Terri

Anonymous

I have a question re:  the references from Sister Studios.  The webpage says to provide 2 references from other sister studios (1 page maximum each).  Sounds like you'd like the sister studio that is providing the reference to write (type) a letter?  What sorts of things are you looking for in the letter? 

Anonymous

Raven,That is a great question.  Yes, we would like written references.  Each candidate can determine what they would like to highlight about themselves but what we are really looking for is whether the candidate "plays well with others."  This Advanced Teacher Training will obviously be about advancing your skills and marketability but Carolena and Megha also want to see dancers who can be good representatives of ATS® through collegial and professional behavior within their own communities and the ATS® community at large.I hope that helps and please keep the questions coming everyone!  Terri

Anonymous

Thank you Terri!  That is actually what I was looking for. 

Anonymous

OK another question….regarding the dance resume, what is Carolena looking for on that? Every bit of training? Every show you've ever danced in? Training pertaining only to ATS®? Should we include things like ACE certs, other certs in dance other than ATS®, Yoga, etc? Event production? Association memberships?

Anonymous

Hi Tasha Rose and everyone,The dance resume should be no longer than 2 pages.  It should include anything that you think is relevant to your application for Advanced Teacher Training.  Although what you chose to highlight in a resume can often vary depending on the position for which you are applying, I would suggest highlighting anything that you have done that would be of value to someone who is an Advanced Teacher.  I would think that fitness certifications would be relevant.  Training in yoga or other movements that would enhance your understanding of the body and it's mechanics would be important to mention.  Although you may want to mention event production, I would do so only in the context of how that applies to your ability to work with others and enhance your teaching.Great questions!  Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but they are!  Terri

Anonymous

Thanks Terri!

Anonymous

Hi allfirst of all I really love the ATT program.My questions: will there be a Chance for ATT somewhere in Europe? Not everyone can afford flight, course and time at that Point of the Dates. I would need at least 3 years to get all the Money together  :-And: "I have a question re:  the references from Sister Studios.  The webpage says to provide 2 references from other sister studios (1 page maximum each).  Sounds like you'd like the sister studio that is providing the reference to write (type) a letter?  What sorts of things are you looking for in the letter?  "How do you manage this, if you are not to close to an other Studio, only knowing the other teachers from work Shops? Does this would be accepted? Sorry for the mistakes..

Anonymous

Hi TerriIf we would like to apply for  2016, do we need to follow the deadlines listed on the website, or are those deadlines for 2015 and the application for 2016 be later on?Cheers!Charlotte

Anonymous

Hi all,We are not accepting applications for 2016 yet.  The time frame will be similar to this year's application process.The Advanced Teacher Training will always be held in San Francisco.  As for the SS reference letter, it is fine to ask those who you know from any setting.  We realize that some of you are the only SS in your geographic location, but assume you know other Sister Studios from workshops, your GS/TT training or even by interacting with them on line.  It is important that those who go through the ATT be members of the ATS® community along with having the potential for being Advanced Teachers.Thanks for your questions!  Terri

Anonymous

Terri, thanks so much for all your answers. They are so helpful and clear (and prompt! My gosh, do you ever sleep?)Here is another one for you, regarding the $500 deposit for Advanced TT, due in Nov. 2014. Is this deposit refundable, if the applicant changes his/her mind about participating? I ask because the first ATT is nearly a year away, and a lot can happen in a year -- family medical issues, etc. -- that could force an applicant to withdraw.

Anonymous

Nancy,We are working on a policy for refunds right now and will let you and everyone know as soon as it is ready.  Thanks for asking another great question.  Terri

Anonymous

Hi everyone,I just received another clarification regarding the videos for submission for the ATT application.Performance video:You may include several songs to reach the 10 minute submission guideline.  Please include performances to a full song rather than snippets of various performances.Teaching video:Please submit a full 10 minute video of your teaching that is uninterrupted rather than snippets.Thanks and as always, let me know if you have any questions.  Terri

Anonymous

Another question for clarity….To submit for the September 2016 session, we are not under the deadline of September 1, 2014 are we? When will our submission deadline be for 2016?

Anonymous

Hi, Terri!  Thank you for all the clarification!  About the performance video, do you want 10 minutes exactly or is that the maximum?  I have a solid 7:30 and am wondering if I should find another 2:30 to supplement it.  Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.