More Torso Twist Ramblings…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Soooo….. when we give the visualisation of sectioning the torso into four and layering the arms on top we have – 1. Front L Torso = L Elbow up, R elbow down2. Back L Torso = R elbow up, L elbow down3. Back R Torso = L Elbow up, R elbow down4. Front R Torso = R elbow up, L elbow downBUT what I tend to find happening naturally in my body (and what it looks like what I watch others dance) is more like1. Front – Back L Torso = L Elbow up, R elbow down2. Back R Torso = R elbow up, L elbow down3. Front R Torso = L Elbow up, R elbow down4. “Stabilising” back into the basic posture = R elbow up, L elbow downI think what I’m saying is the L elbow lifts as it’s “pulling” the torso to the L and back (wouldn’t ever use “pulling” in class btw!) then the R elbow is lifting to pull the body R and then forward. The L elbow takes over again to pull the body back on to centre and the R elbow completes the Arm Undulation as you stabilise.With the first description, however, the L elbow is lifting as the Torso is travelling to the R – which feels like a bit of an opposition – is this correct and should I be trying to stop my body from doing the second version? Thank you!

Anonymous

Hi Charlotte,I'm a bit challenged by your very thorough description! I'm better at visuals than words.The way I describe it is layering an arm undulation over, starting with the left arm, over a rotation of the torso going *front-left-back-right-front* and settling back onto the center where you started.Does that help?

Anonymous

Charlotte, sounds like you're doing two set of arm undulations for the TT.  There's only one layered over, like Carolena described.

Anonymous

Hi Carolena, Sandi! Happy New Year!Cheers for your responses and OMG only one Arm Undulation? Makes a lot more sense and feels so much more natural with the movement of the Torso. But how did I get it so wrong??? Doh!Well now I know what I'll be working on with my students the first week back of term!Thanks again! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.