need volunteers for the BDSS 1 Mar show

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi All,We need some helpers for the Belly Dance Super Stars show at the Brava Theater (24th St) on Fri 1 Mar.We will have a Devotion booth and could use several people to talk it up and hand out info (even access the Kickstarter with our iPad if people want to pledge right then and there.)Also, a few people to be general helpers backstage, driving, etc.Let me know who is available to help!Thanks.*we'll be canceling class on that night.

Anonymous

Hey Carolena!I've already bought my ticket... but I'm more happy to help out!I won't have a car... but I'm happy to help at the booth or backstage. Just let me know.

Anonymous

Carolena-is be happy to help, too!  I work in Oakland that day until 6PM, so I can get to the theatre around 6:30- ish. Jennifee

Anonymous

thanks Jesse and Jen.Jesse, BDSS will trade you in merchandise for your ticket.Jen, you'll get a free ticket.I'll be in touch about what we need later this week.Carolena

Anonymous

I'd love to help out with the Devotion booth if you still need volunteers! I could also do stuff backstage where needed, but I won't have a car.  What time do you need volunteers to show up?

Anonymous

I'd also like to work at the Devotion booth, but I'm clumsy with iPad and I don't have a car (or a license for that matter). I'd like to help!Yuska

Anonymous

Thanks Yuska and Kelsey, here's the poop so far:So far no one has a car to get the table and merch over to the theater, or pick up snacks for the green room.What about Zip Car or City Car, does anyone have access to those services?Here's the poop for Friday night. Can someone please be in charge of picking up some fruit and a hummus platter and bottled water from Trader Joe's? Save the receipt and I'll pay you cash.As for the FCBD® Devotion table; we have a folding table here at the studio (roughly 36"36"), cards for Devotion and general info cards for FCBD®. I'll put Julie in charge of organizing what needs to be packed and someone will have to give her a ride because she doesn't have a car.Let me know if you have questions or ideas.CarolenaBegin forwarded message:From: Miles Copeland Subject: Re: Club Bellydance San Francisco Check-InDate: February 25, 2013 4:54:50 PM PSTTo: "Director@FCBD, Inc." Reply-To: Miles Copeland Hi Carolena,Volunteers should arrive at around 6:30 or 6:45, and Stevo or Billy Bob will probably be there to greet them and let them know what they'll be doing.The merch counter volunteer will be assisting Billy Bob with sales before the show, during intermission, and for about 20 minutes after the show has ended. There won't be any heavy lifting of any kind, just fetching the occasional CD or DVD for a guest, along with our usual array of apparel.Since this isn't an event where we are doing our own ticketing, I'm not 100% sure what the ticketing volunteer will be needed to do. It varies from city to city; this person might be taking tickets at the door and selling them (if box office staff isn't present). I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you 🙁I have one more thing to ask: Would it be possible to have a small fruit plate and case of water for our girls, to keep them hydrated?

Anonymous

Hi-I'd like to go and help. I'm also carless, unfortunately (and out of driving practice, so don't want to rent). Is there anything I can do? I can work and ipad.

Anonymous

Thanks Larissa,You are welcome to come along. But we really need a car at this point, to fetch the table and food.Let's see if anyone else has an idea.Carolena

Anonymous

🙁 My car is being repaired right now after getting hit while parked in a lot. I'll know more this week whether or not I can have a car that night.

Anonymous

Carolena, if we head over together (what time did we say?  5:15?), we can bring the table & merch over in my car.  Julie can come with us too.  I can go to TJ's the night before and have water and snacks ready to transport.  How much you want to spend?  I figure we'll need 2-3 cases of water.  Hummus, veggies, fruit, crackers/bread, dark chocolate...

Anonymous

Thanks Sandi, but we've got it all squared away.

Anonymous

Hi All,Thanks so much for getting the booth and green room sorted.Please check in with BDSS when you get there as some of you will be working with them.I would love if if a driver *without* a car could drive the troupe over in my Isuzu, drop us off and go find parking.It's a stick and is very easy to drive.We need to arrive around 4:30pm, so leaving the studio at 4:15pm would be perfect.Let me know!Thanks,Carolena

Anonymous

🙁 I can't drive stick…. sorry.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘BlueDiamondsBellyDance’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.