New graduate checking in!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Alicia on tribe.net.Hi all! I took GS (for the first time, I dont think itll be the last) in March in Essex.br/br/What a wonderful experience! I am still trying to process. I didnt have any huge epiphanies with technique, although there are some steps Id struggled with that I am finding much easier after dancing for 4 days. I think the big thing for me was more on a personal level - at one point Carolena was saying something about the dance and she said "I am a feminist". It was so refreshing! Usually when I hear someone saying "I am a feminist" I just wait for the other shoe to drop "... but I dont hate men", "... but I want to be a housewife", "... but I wear lipstick", and I think "none of those things are incompatible with being a feminist, dont sell it short" - so to have someone just say it without apology or corollary was pretty amazing.br/br/Wow, sorry *blush* opening rant over...

Anonymous

Originally posted by Mary on tribe.net.Congratulations, Alicia!!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Katrin on tribe.net.I took the GS in March as well and loved it!br/So many things make now much more sense in my head! Especially the music theory helped me a lot. :-)br/br/Its just a pity that I dont have a tribe at the moment to practice with!!! I do an European volunteer service in Wales and therefore had to leave my tribe in Germany, but couldnt find other dancers here. And dancing alone is just not that much fun!br/br/Cheers, Katrinbr/br/

Anonymous

Originally posted by Zina on tribe.net.Congratulations, Alicia!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Erika on tribe.net.It is a wonderful experience indeed, I think we can all relate! And Kudos to you!

Anonymous

Originally posted by rhiannyn on tribe.net.YAY!! 🙂 congratulations and welcome. br/my dads family lived in Brentwood 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by MissTrixsta on tribe.net.Great to see you on here Alicia!!!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Alicia on tribe.net.Thanks everyone! This tribe is an amazing resource.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Heather T on tribe.net.Congrats and welcome!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Caroline on tribe.net.Hi Aliciabr/br/Congrats and welcome!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘ATS® GS/TT’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.