new student in an "old" class

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

hi my sisters and brothers in dance!question. i'm teaching at a kind of public school. so everyone who wants to join a class and pay the fee could come. in my class description i mentioned "not for beginners".last semester i had a girl/woman (17 years old). she just made it to two hours of ten. in this two hours she told me, that she had about four hours of cabaret style a few years ago. she's was looking for the "mystical never reachable 1".my other students are not willing to "step back" to the roots, because they want to go on (okay. i really can understand them, because we only have 60 min). they are my students with good basics in "tribal" or dancing ats for 3 or 4 years.what would you "do" with this one lady?!would be thankful for any idea!!!!greeetingsdiana (and you know: english is not my best friend 😉 )

Anonymous

update: she didn't made it to class… maybe next week…

Anonymous

Ideally, the problem with resolve itself.Could she take private lessons with you to catch up?I think you have to look at what is good for the group as a whole including her and throwing her into a class she isnt prepared for isn't in her best interest.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.