Odd shaped stages..

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Cyndi Cyreigna on tribe.net.Good day to you all! I know that you all are probably well versed at dancing from every angle and probably most every shape of stage, so I wanted to get some input and direction from you. We are going to be performing at a venue, that I just found out yesterday, is going to have a U shaped stage, like you would have for a runway show. What is going to be our best angle? There are 4 of us in our troupe, how would we situate ourselves that we can still have a high energy show, without looking awkward? I will not actually be able to see the stage until the morning of the performance, but we wanted to get some ideas that way we can be formulating a plan. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! br/br/Thankyou so muchbr/br/Cyreigna

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.I probably would ask if there are other performance space alternatives, like the main stage towards the back of the U, if there is one. When I think if a U, I think of toppling over towards one side or another. br/br/Otherwise, Id do something like a Dueling Duet, where there would be two in the front of the U, facing, and the others on the arms of the U angled towards their leaders. It would be totally non-traditional, but I think it could work. If theres enough room to change places, it could be interesting. There could even be parts where the front duet do their thing and the back duet face and do another thing, as if to flank the front duet. It sounds like a fun challenge!br/br/Good luck!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Cyndi Cyreigna on tribe.net.Thanks Sandi! I have been playing with this in my head all day, and have come up with some really fun ideas. I thought about the dueling duets also, I was almost afraid of giving the audience too much to look at. Like I said, I dont know how big the stage is, so I dont know how far apart we will be. This is going to be a fun challenge to figure out, cant wait to see what happens! 🙂 By the way, in regards to dueling duets, when does the leader change? Does one side always lead it or do they switch at some point when the music dictates? This has been something I have wondered about for a while, we do them, but I always worry about it getting predictable to the audience when they figure out whose leading. Thanks again!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Lead changing in DD is just like changing in a regular duet.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Cyndi Cyreigna on tribe.net.Thankyou again! We need to work on that! Oh and the stage situation has been resloved. YAY! The folks putting on the show are going to fill in the center just for us! I really appreciate your feedback though, very helpful for the next time, and Im sure there will be a next time 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Rebekah J on tribe.net.Just be careful of seams where they fill in the middle...Ive danced on a stage that was basically like four large tables put together and not catching your toes on where they met was quite a challenge! :-p

Anonymous

Originally posted by AliChris O on tribe.net.OUCH!!!! better use your mary janes on this kind of gig!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Cyndi Cyreigna on tribe.net.Definately going to wear shoes for this one! 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Leslie Jean-Jellybean aka: Miss Boo on tribe.net.Shoes for sure, lovely. br/br/Side noyr... oh the weird stages/surfaces Diana and I have danced on. I have 4 pairs of shoes -- one for every "situation" now. Wendy turned me on to great shoes for pavement/cement. I have dance/ballet flats for other surfaces, china flats for others, etc etc. But I was on a stage... "stage" ... that none of those helped. So bring everything you have and evaluate if you need to. Better safe than have hurt feet/toes, etc.br/br/oxox Cyregina!br/br/Leslie

Anonymous

Originally posted by AliChris O on tribe.net.Im very interested on your recomendation for shoes for pavement/cement Leslie! I just had a gig last weekend and had some trouble with mary janes (china flats) and cement.... my spins were totaly ruined to say the least....br/br/xoxo!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.