old and new ATS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Whats the difference between “old ATS” and “new ATS”?

Anonymous

Hi Michelle,While ATS® has evolved over the years and new variations are popping up all the time, we find it helpful for those who want to dance ATS with others whom they haven't danced with before to group their ATS knowledge into two categories (or both), so each person knows their common vocabulary.  We call it Classic and Modern now, but here is an excerpt from Carolena's blog during the time of this decision:"I propose that the steps from Tribal Basics Vol. 1 Dance Fundamentals and Tribal Basics Vol. 4 Embellishments and Variations be considered ATS Old School, as they are the foundation of what we do. Everything else, including our Tribal Basics Vol. 7 Creative Steps and Combinations, are to be considered ATS New Style."For the whole "fireside chat" go here: http://fcbdblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/ats-old-school-ats-new-style.html

Anonymous

Thank you Sandi.  I have another question…what does “original gansta” mean?

Anonymous

Ha ha!  That's a misspelling of “gangsta”.  “Original gangster” or OG.  While we're not gangsters, we are the origin of ATS.  It's just a playful use of the phrase for us.

Anonymous

Thank you for your feed back info.  So “OG” is kind of like your guys playful nickname?These are the questions I've always wondered and I'm finally getting to know the answers...awesome!!

Anonymous

Yes.  Something like, “Hey yo, FCBD is the OG of ATS!”  😉

Anonymous

ahhh, got it.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.