Pivot Bump with arms 1 and 2

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by plyasunya on tribe.net.Please! Explain what it means)))

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.Pivot Bump is the right hip bumping on the beat. ;-)br/Arm position 1 is right arm at shoulder height and left arm up, which can be done in place, traveling forward, or turning CCW or CW.br/Arm position 2 is right arm up and left arm at shoulder height which can be done traveling CCW. br/Both keep in mind- ATS posture, arm, angling, etc.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Vicky on tribe.net.I agree with Carrie, although my troupe doesnt pivot bump clockwise, only counter clockwise. br/br/Also when we turn with a pivot bump, we make the turn a bit slow when in arm position 1. When were in arm position 2, we let our left arm curl in front of us a bit and make the turn faster. Makes the two turns look a bit different to the audience. We usually do these turns back-to-back, first in position 1, then in position 2. ^_~

Anonymous

Originally posted by plyasunya on tribe.net.Thank you for explaining - that what I was guessing!

Anonymous

Originally posted by plyasunya on tribe.net.One more question: are they separate moves or just levels of the same move? Is the cue the same for both moves? I mean, from the position above the head the right arms goes down to the shoulder hight?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.If you are going into arm position 1, its better to sweep the right arm down the center of your body, then out and up into position, in a sort of a 3/4 circle. br/br/Its the same move, just with 2 different arm positions. And theres really not a cue, other than the right arm sweeping down and then into position as the r hip is bumping.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ursel on tribe.net.I always start the pivot bump with arm position 1 (so yes, the cue is the same), and occasionally switch to arm position 2 after that for variation.

Anonymous

Need a clarification : is the second turn (with arm position 2) obligatory after the first turn (with arm position 1) ? Or is it optional ? Thanks ! 🙂

Anonymous

As far as I know it's entirely optional. Just one possible variation.

Anonymous

Thanks Ursel !  😀

Anonymous

OK, here's my question about turning the pivot bump clockwise.  Isn't that like going moving choo choo backwards, which it doesn't do?  I turn both directions but it just seems to me cw is going backwards.

Anonymous

You can totally turn right (Clockwise) with the pivot bump. It's only done in four counts though. This is because you are going backwards and the sight lines for the lead is skewed. So keeping it to 4 counts makes sure everyone is on the same page.

Anonymous

Jesse, I turn the pivot bump in eight, either direction, unless it's a second turn then it may be a little faster.  Is 8 too long?

Anonymous

The way I learned it the backwards turning Pivot Bump is always 4 counts because you're losing the sight of the lead too quickly to estimate how fast she goes.The forwards turning Pivot Bump (Arms 1 as well as Arms 2) can be anything fom 2-8 counts, depending on the music and the lead's mood. 😉

Anonymous

The way I learned it the backwards turning Pivot Bump is always 4 counts because you're losing the sight of the lead too quickly to estimate how fast she goes.The forwards turning Pivot Bump (Arms 1 as well as Arms 2) can be anything fom 2-8 counts, depending on the music and the lead's mood. 😉

That's what I learnt too. Anti-clockwise is flock of birds, clockwise is in 4. Although since it was Jesse Stanbridge who taught it to me it's not surprising I agree with her!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.