Portable sound systems?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

What Portable sound systems do you like? or not like?  Looking for something for outside with good sound.

Anonymous

We use the Ion Block Rocker at FatChance.  It's a portable amp with Bluetooth capabilities and a long battery life!  You can find it on Amazon.  One is ok for outdoor performances, but 2 is even better!

Anonymous

Ah, we've just bought one after a long search (now fondly named as Betty boom-box).  Originally we were after an Ion Block Rocker too, and after a long search and comparisons we eventually plumped for a QTX QX12PA and love it.  We needed it to be loud enough for festivals and other outdoor events, and this one has a louder output.  It's very sturdy, has bluetooth, USB, radio, 2 mikes and other features too.  It certainly does what we want it to do.  8)http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GNZT87C/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anonymous

Thank-you!!!!  I will check them all out. ;D

Anonymous

I have a Block Rocker, too, and haven't had any problems with too-low output.

Anonymous

I was advised against the block rocker… But got one anyway- the Bluetooth enabled one and I love it! It's perfect for what I need, portable and doubles up as a great stereo at home!!!!  ;D

Anonymous

I'm using a JBL indoor/outdoor bluetooth speaker, although I always use a corded connection rather than the bluetooth. Rechargeable, great volume (even in an open park). Around $120 at Best Buy on sale. After my cheaper speakers gave out REALLY quickly and never had the volume, I went ahead and invested more money. I'm *really* happy with these and my iPod for classes. And it has a really cute zipper case, too. 🙂

Anonymous

So our troupe recently got…I think it is called a podium pro PA system…it is like a small guitar amp and it takes bluetooth, a standard input jack for mp3, I think it has an Ipod dock and also a USB port, which is what I use the most. It will make enough sound for a gymnasium or smallish auditorium, weighs 6 lbs, I think it is on best buy website. It costs about $110-$150. Anything with more power is going to cost more. The amount of output ratio to space or persons in venue is key…so reaching 50 people with undistorted music will require much less output than reaching 300. Also, outside air seems to swallow sound! No walls to contain soundwaves. I went online and just typed in some questions about outdoor sound systems and was surprised at how much good info is out there, very helpful. Anything larger than 50th folks and our venues have always had their own sound. Nothing is worse than lacking music, when you are trying to dance! Hope you find just what you need. Research and financial investment are in order…we had a yard sale to get the amp, lol.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.