possible gigs with SF Theatre Pub

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hey ladies, Carolena approved this gig, series or gigs, and possibly semi-regular gig. It looks like the first ones will be in July, so no rush to decide, but here's the info:SF Theatre Pub (http://sftheaterpub.wordpress.com/about/) is a local theatre group that puts on shows monthly at Cafe Royale (http://www.caferoyale-sf.com) downtown, which itself hosts art exhibits, live music, readings and plays. I've worked with theatrepub both as an actor and a playwright, and can attest that they are good people, respectful and interested in art (as are the audiences they attract). They'd like to include  a bellydance set to some of their events. The space isn't huge but There is an area of the floor where I think a trio plus a couple of chorus dancers could fit. There is an area in the basement where we could change along with the actors, and also leave our bags safely.It's pretty much something different all the time, but it's scheduled in advance, and could be, depending on our interest and what our schedules allow, a semi-regular gig. The next reading series will be the Pint-Sized play festival Monday and Tuesday 7/15 and  7/16, Monday 7/22, Monday 7/29,  and Tuesday 7/30. I'd be happy to be points person, although I will find out by the end of this month whether I will be here that first week. Usually, there is something happening at least once a month, usually on a Monday or Tuesday, but they also put full shows on at the Exit Theater and sometimes have week end events. SO--I know it's a long way out, but I thought I'd throw that out there for you guys to think about. I'll be re-posting closer to the time.LiLiLiL! -Larissa

Anonymous

This sounds really fun – and theatre gigs are always so much fun! Count me in, I think for all of them.

Anonymous

Yay, Janet! Where's the “like” button?!

Anonymous

I'm interested!  Not sure which dates specifically this far in advance, but I'd love to do one or two at the very least.

Anonymous

I could try! Tuesdays are usually tough for me…but Mondays should work 🙂

Anonymous

Sounds fun!  Please keep me informed, maybe I can make my travel those days 😀

Anonymous

I'm off work in the summer- so much more available to dance- Please keep me posted- I am interested also!!!

Anonymous

Yay! So excited that you guys are interested. I'll let them know we are on, and of course will bring it up again closer to the time. 🙂

Anonymous

I'll probably be done with summer traveling by then, at least by the last 3.  Keep us posted!LA

Anonymous

Larissa, I love dancin' witchoo!!

Anonymous

Hi Larissa,Sounds fantastic and great venue!  Gigs on Weekdays are bit difficult for me to coordinate due to my work, but please keep me in the loop.  I will try my best to make it!Yuka

Anonymous

Sounds so fun! Count me interested!!!

Anonymous

Hmm, thought I responded to this one already. I too, am interested! Sounds like fun!

Anonymous

Hi everyone! I'm just putting in a little reminder about this. I've gotten some interest on it, but it was a while ago and so want to start solidifying the people involved and the sets and all that now. Take another look at the dates, etc., and I'll try to put together dancer lists, music, etc. See you all Saturday! 🙂

Anonymous

Hi Larissa,    Where is SF Theatre Pub?              Sue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘BlueDiamondsBellyDance’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.