power duet

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Brandi Mc on tribe.net.Ive heard the term power duet. Has anyone else heard of this term?br/How is it different than a regular duet?br/br/TIA 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Usually refers to a duet doing a fast fast song. A few songs that I think of are Fallahi (Hossam Ramzy - Passion Sources), Roah Albi (last 2.5 min of it - Hossam Ramzy - Baladi Plus), Asal (Helm - Fil Waha). Duets have a little more versatility because there are less bodies to maneuver around and more opportunities to do quick passes and changes. Lots of power and energy is involved with punching out fast songs like that.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Brandi Mc on tribe.net.How are zills handled?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.Depends. If a song is REALLY fast, its almost impossible to keep up zilling while dancing. In a case like that, weve stopped playing. The chorus, rather than dancing, stood and played the zills. Heres a good example of having to drop out zills because of the song speed: a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=230i8OHl4H0&feature=related title=www.youtube.com/watchwww.youtube.com/watch/a

Anonymous

Originally posted by Rahil on tribe.net.Loved that performance! That would be some crazy fast zilling to keep up with.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.yeah, we tried. Both of us had to stop while dancing. It was just too much!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jen on tribe.net.Seriously, that was AWESOME! Totally got me jazzed to do more duet stuff 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by MissTrixsta on tribe.net.Hi Everyone,br/br/Im reading this post at a poignant time as Ive just taken part in a performance to a super fast track, and to top it off the sound was bouncing off the walls so we battled to hear the downbeat! Ive been in this situation once before in a duet and we both stopped zilling. This time, however we were in a quartet and a couple of us stopped playing and then restarted zilling half time, whilst the others continued playing full time. We all managed to sink up eventually, but it was tricky. Just wondering how you would have handled this?br/br/Thanksbr/Philippa

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.I would have stopped playing zils and not done half-time. The amount of thought gone into that might have shown up on your face or the dancing. I know if I was in that situation, I might have looked distracted. Id rather not play zils and dance confidently than the opposite.

Anonymous

Originally posted by MissTrixsta on tribe.net.Thanks Sandi. Im hoping I managed to maintain a smile and a poker face!

Anonymous

Originally posted by kelley on tribe.net.Philippa - please please please stop beating yourself up - you certainly maintained your smile and you looked beautiful.br/You and the other 3 dancers were all in a very challenging scenario. The acoustics played tricks and you all had to pull out every trick youd ever learned. So.... it didnt all happen quite as youd have liked but given that youd never all danced with each other before and that you didnt get to have a run through together you have to pat yourselves on the back for having the guts to get out there and perform complete and utter improv together.br/You all looked great - ATS rocksbr/Hugsbr/xxxxx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.