Push Forward & Back Duet

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello All!I have a question about the Push Forward & Back in a Duet, facing each other.What is the right position of the Duet dancers. Do they stand sideway, with their hips towards the frontline/ backline or do they stand in this way, that one person looks at the back and the other at the front?On the DVD of Devi I saw it in the first version, is that right?Thanks! 🙂

Anonymous

Nobody has any idea? Whom should I ask? Is Devi inside here? 🙂 🙂

Anonymous

http://youtu.be/fFrtf249OnEI don't know the answer to that Karin but here's a beautiful video of Devi and Cristie.  Push Forward Push Back duet at 8:50.

Anonymous

Madonna, thank you so much for your reply! Unfortunately this video does not go in Germany because of our GEMA.It's a pity! :-[

Anonymous

We have found in our troupe that push-fwd-push-back is best when angled in dance angle towards your duet partner.  So, if you face each other dead on, then strike a dance angle so that your “dance box” is adjacent to that of your dance partner, you'll find that the person who was in the lead position (prior to facing inward, where lead is neutral) has her right hip angled toward her dance partner, making her face stage right and slightly towards the audience.  Her partner, who was in the follow position prior to facing inward, faces her and is facing stage left, angled slightly upstage, her right hip also facing towards her partner.  As the step is executed, the body position swaps from one side to the other, so the audience is able to see each dancer change from being angled toward them and angled away from them as the step progresses.  Does that make sense? 

Anonymous

Thank you, LeighAnneS, if I understand right, you mean my first mentioned version but with an angle?

Anonymous

Our troupe prefers dance angle, which means the “lead” side is slightly rotated towards the audience, and the “follow” is slightly rotated away, and they swap position.

Anonymous

Thank you All!

Anonymous

I might be saying the same thing as Leigh Anne, but when we turn away from the front/audience and face our partners, our “front” is now our partner.  You would do the move the same way as you would facing front.  And, in a trio or quartet facing, your “front” is now the center of the circle.  This is the case with all moves facing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.