Quartet Formation Alignment

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

When setting up a standard Quartet formation, should the dancers in the back row be even with each other, or should the fourth dancer be slightly behind everyone else (forming an elongated diamond shape)? Or is this simply influenced by the size of the dance space? The second option seems to give the fourth dancer a better line of sight to the leader. In my pre-FCBD days, we typically used the “staggered diamond” pattern, but now I'm wondering if I'm falling back into old habits. Illustration is attached…

Anonymous

The back row dancers are not even with each other: as  you noticed, that would hinder sightlines.

Anonymous

Either would work.  I was taught the first option originally and recently heard of the second option.  I think it depends on the space you're dancing in.  Performance angle is key, though.

Anonymous

So just to clarify, normally we will be in a “staggered diamond” formation with the fourth dancer hanging out behind everyone, unless the space is tight.  Then in that case the fourth dancer will scoot up and be in line with next dancer on the back row.  Correct? …or am I confused? 

Anonymous

I've never even heard of the first option.  How long have I been in la la land?

Anonymous

We´ve just had the same problem. The fourth person cannot see properly. I think one more solution is for the second person (the one behind the leader in the last row) to take a step back so that she´s aligned with the fourth and thus giving her a better view. But I´m not sure if that isn´t just to deep...

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.