Question about the oh-so-cool Sevillana Shell Game blog post/combo

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello!I have a question after reading Carolena's blog post about this movement dialect combo, specifically this piece:"We created a cue for the step, by looking over your left shoulder on 1. That helped me to feel more confident about the Sevillanas, since it explodes out of a Basic Egyptian without any warning!"Is it that you've decided to use that as a cue for the Egyptian Sevillana in general, or does it indicate that the ES Shell Game is about to happen? thanks!

Anonymous

Good question! I need the answer also.A cue for just the sev. Would help me tremendously.

Anonymous

Agree with you both.  It's a tough one to follow, for sure.

Anonymous

Our group started using a glance over the left shoulder on count 1 when executing the Egyptian Sevillana at the beginning, which worked a treat …… but then dropped it as it wasn't an official cue. I still miss this step every time.

Anonymous

I believe the cue is specifically for the step, because Carolena described the process as first figuring out a cue for the Egyptian Sevillana, THEN revisiting the Shell game concept included on Vol. 9, and finally adding the ES to that formation to create the ES Shell game… I like the idea of this cue, because it's hard for me to catch this step watching only body language (slight step back + arms plunging to left hip)… having enough notice of what's coming is always good in my book… 🙂

Anonymous

Clara, that's how I'm reading it, too, but I'd like confirmation from Carolena or someone who was in the class.

Anonymous

I love the idea of the cue for this move!  My troupe had decided that we would do the ES as a stand alone move because it was so hard to catch but the cue really helps.  For the shell game, I figured it was like the Arc Arm Combo that cues when the leader turns to face the group. 

Anonymous

Just watched the video again, and since after one round of the shell game, Kelsey cues the Sevillana with the left glance without going into the shell game, I think we're all right. Awesome! I've been avoiding the Sevillana for about a year because my students just can't catch it. I don't think I'll have to avoid it any more!

Anonymous

Right! It's a cue for the step. The shell game, cues when the leader turns to face the group.

Anonymous

Thank you, Carolena! This is really helpful. Sevillanas, here we come.

Anonymous

Awesome! Thanks, Carolena 🙂

Anonymous

Check out my Blog for a Sevillana Shell Game UPDATE!http://fcbdblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous

I like the updated version!  Thank you! 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.