Question for Sandi – re: head with Egyptian Variations

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi Sandi!I hope you are well! In Rome workshops you spoke about what's going on with the head during the Triple Egyptian. You also said the same applies to the Egyptian Full Turn. Was it that the head leads the turn, as it does in so many of the other steps? Or was it more like a spotting spin where it stays in position as long as possible before whipping around? I remember having a real light bulb moment and then I didn't write it down! Thanks in advance for clarifying! 

Anonymous

I'd like to know Sandi's answer to this as well!

Anonymous

Hi Charlotte!  Was so great to see and work with you in Rome!All the head turns for half and triple and full turns are the same as spotting for spins.  You mark your spot in your mind (like for half turns, you know you're landing to the back) and after the cue, whip your head around to find that spot while the body moves underneath.  It keeps the turns and landings clean and saves you from getting dizzy!  🙂

Anonymous

Thanks Sandi!So the head moves pretty much at the same time as the body then?Your Egyptian turns are so sharp and snappy. I'm working on trying to emulate that! 🙂

Anonymous

I would say that my head beats my body to the spot, just a little.

Anonymous

Righto – thanks so much! :):)

Anonymous

Yes, it's a subtle spot but the head always wants to see where it's taking the body before committing to the turn.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.