Quick Single Bump HT Question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

HiyaWould it be correct to say I contract my L latissimus to aid the upper body to turn into position on each half turn?I feel like I'm contracting on the "and" after the 1 and 3 in order for the upper body to be in its new corner on 2 and 4. Sound about right?Thanks!Charlotte

Anonymous

Yes?  Although, I think you mean the right side, not the left?

Anonymous

Nope I mean the left, to help me turn backwards over the L shoulder.I'm contracting the R when I bump the hip on 1 and 3, as I would do with the regular Single Bump.

Anonymous

I've never heard of doing that… but if it doesn't compromise the movement in any way… why not?

Anonymous

It's something I had in my notes from a private with Wendy in Rome last year, but it was a bit scribbled and I'm not sure if I took it down correctly.It makes sense to me as it seems to give some extra energy for a nice snappy turn and to get the upper body round before the lower body. I'm teaching it tomorrow and wanted to use it but didn't want to have to "undo" it later in case I'd got it really wrong!

Anonymous

The left lat is not something I focus on for the half turn, but it's there for good posture, so use it as long as it's not causing any obvious bounciness or change in the movement.  I focus on pushing off with the right foot to turn into position, so I can get a nice clean bump into the corners.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.