Ra-Shamka Things that make you go hmmm

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.Well.... for the first time last night while rehearsing for an upcoming show, I realized that the troupe and I go into Ra-Shamka differently.br/br/When I go in to this move, I bring both hands/arms down from the right to my right hip. The rest of the troupe brings their hands/arms down from the LEFT to their right hip. ??? br/br/Hmmm.... who is correct (please say me! Im stubborn and stuck in my ways)? I would reference videos, but Im at work (bad Carrie) and cant wait for the answer. ;-)br/

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Im not sure what you mean by "brings their hands/arms down from the LEFT". I dont think it matters where your hands/arms are before you start the Resham-ka. They just need to go down to the right hip.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.Okay, thanks!br/br/And to clarify what I meant- on the 4& my arms go the right side of my body to get to the right hip. Theirs go to the left side of their body to get to the right hip.br/br/But if it doesnt matter, thats cool too!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Oh, do you mean, like in an arcing motion? Cuz on the "and" is where the arms go straight down to the right hip from wherever they are.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.yes, gotcha! thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.