Rakkasah 2013 set – Saturday March 16th at 4pm

This topic contains 58 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

;D hey everyone!We're dancing at Rakkasah on this day and time: Saturday March 16th at 4pm on the cabaret stage. Carolena and I have talked about the set for Rakassah and we came up with the following:Kako Kolan LaculRaqs RhodopeThese songs can be found on either Tribal Spirit or Muse Melodic.Dancers: Jesse, Sofia, Theresa, Jennifer, Stasi, Mariah, Debbie, Miriam, Susanne, Larissa and Mary Ann Ok - so we've made a quick run down of the set:Kako Kolan - TrioStaci, Theresa and DebbieLacul - Duet/Quartet (with Duelling DuetsDuet: Sue & Mary AnnQuartet:Sofia, Jesse, Mariah & JenniferRaqs Rhodope - Duet/Trio/QuartetDuet:Jesse and SofiaTrio:Debbie, Jennifer and TheresaQuartet:Mariah, Sue, Mary Ann and StaciLarissa And Miriam will be staying in the chorus. **Please note that this lineup is not set in stone, if you would like to swap songs with someone, please let me know and I can make the change.**

Anonymous

Hi Jesse,This looks like a great set! Thank you for working with CN to decide the set in advance; personally, I think it saves a lot of time so the group can focus on the most important part--the dancing! We did Kako Kolan last year, but it was in the middle of the set...and I think that set had a very different overall "feel," so I think it's fine to do it again (we did it as three duets last year, so maybe we can do something different this time just to mix it up a bit). Plus, it's just a really playful mid-tempo song, so it'll be fun as an opener. We've got a great set and a great performance time...now I just have to hope my back gets better in a hurry!

Anonymous

Thanks Jesse, I'm really enjoying this set.Out of curiosity, I looked up the lyrics for "Kako Kolan" and "Lacul."  Thought I'd share what I found:Kako Kolan -- http://omniumrecords.com/balkans/lyrics.html (scroll to bottom)This appears to be the same song, but with a slightly longer title.  Just for fun, here is a more Balkan brass-sounding recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8fDoIj88qALacul - https://soundcloud.com/augusthoerr/laculApparently, the lyrics are a late 19th-century Romanian poem.

Anonymous

Hi Jesse,For some Shukriya sent me the Rakkasah Registration e-mail. I forwarded to you let me know if you got it.Debbie

Anonymous

Hi Debbie!Thanks so much... I did get it!

Anonymous

Hey everyone performing:I need you to post/ e-mail me your full legal name, addresses and phone numbers, as I need to e-mail them that information. We have to sign some sort of waiver when we get there.

Anonymous

Hey there – we should probably start thinking about having a few rehearsals for this gig... how has this happened in previous years?I was thinking thursdays before level 3? Thoughts?

Anonymous

Jesse, Thursdays before class are great for me! 

Anonymous

Found a link for the schedule this morning!  Have a great show BDBD  😀"The dance schedule for Rakkasah West 2013 is now on line!"http://www.rakkasah.com/west/schedule.php

Anonymous

Thursdays before Level 3 generally work for me.  I know for sure that I wouldn't be able to do the 28th.Also, is it too early to start coordinating rides?  I think the venue is BART-able, but I would prefer not to be on public transportation in my ATS finery ...

Anonymous

Is everyone good with making Thursday our first Rakkasah rehearsal??

Anonymous

Thursdays are good for me, and I'll be there this coming Thursday.  Thanks for being points on this, Jesse!

Anonymous

Thursday is ok for Rakkasah rehearsal.  Sue

Anonymous

How does the 21st February sound for the first rehearsal??Then we could do 14th March - a good run through right before Rakkasah?I'm updating my original post on this: so keep an eye on that for any changes too!

Anonymous

Both work for me!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

The forum ‘BlueDiamondsBellyDance’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.