Renting Skirts

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi everyone,This was new for me, so I thought I'd share in case anyone else can benefit from the experience.  A trusted dance group in town that knows me, approached me about where to get our fancy skirts.  They wanted to use them for an upcoming performance.  I think they went into shock when they saw the cost.  They asked if they could borrow mine.  After some careful consideration and a decent amount of wincing, I told them I would 'rent' them with a deposit.  There are several skirts that I won't offer because they aren't replaceable.  I told them they could write me a check for the cost of the skirt ($75-98).  When I got my skirt back in one piece plus $10, they would get their check back.  If not, then I cash their check, and replace the skirt.  If there was a hole in it, they would have to get it repaired before giving it back to me.  They were very appreciative that they didn't have to buy them and are very grateful. We'll see how it goes.  Maybe I'm crazy.  I've lost way too much costuming and jewelry over the years to lend anything out without at least a photo of the person holding it up and maybe a 'shame' sign that says, "I will have 7 years of bad luck if I don't give this back"  haha. Not really. But kind of.  😉 -Carrie

Anonymous

oooooh!…… OOOOH!good idea!!!!thank you for sharing!

Anonymous

That is an interesting idea, Carrie.  Costuming can be so expensive, I can see how this could be a win-win situation for everyone.  Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Anonymous

Someone once told me never to loan anything you're not prepared to give away…not money or stuff.  Very good advice to follow.  The renting of items which can be replaced sounds good, though.

Anonymous

I hear you!! I've replaced almost every FCBD DVD.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.