Reshamka and Wet Dog

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I think I am overthinking this but:  One the Wet Dog is the count - 1 step on the right foot and 2 kick out with the left foot and 3 step on the left foot and 4 kick with the right?  I was going over it in class slowly and it all of the sudden felt wrong for some reason. And if you pivot while doing the Resham-ka does that always mean you will do a spins?  Or can you pivot with a Resham-ka and then do another move?  Thanks.

Anonymous

1 step on the right foot and 2 kick out with the left foot and 3 step on the left foot and 4 kick with the right?  I was going over it in class slowly and it all of the sudden felt wrong for some reason.

I didn't really see it as a kick, just a weight shift. I think of it as: step back with the right foot on 1, then left on 3, right on 5, left on 7... leaves your right foot free to transition to a new step on 1 (if you want)

if you pivot while doing the Resham-ka does that always mean you will do a spins?

Personally, I think it's what people would expect, as that's how the combo is set up... but I don't see why you couldn't use a strong cue to start something else... I could be wrong about that though.

Anonymous

Thank you.  What I was getting at with the Wet Dog is the stepping counts.  Kick isn't really the best word but there seems to be a motion with the opposite foot that is different than a step.  For some reason my brain went sideways when I was counting it out and I was second guessing the 1 and 3 the most.  Our troupe has been doing a pivot with the Resham-ka before we knew there was a combo.  So the tendency is to keep on keeping on but one of the gals asked me the other day if we had to change it and do the actual combo now that we know there is one.  Wasn't really sure how to answer that one so I told her I'd ask around about that. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it!  🙂

Anonymous

Ahh no problem Raven 🙂I get what you mean about the "kick" though. It's tough to describe the whole motion of that movement.I hope you get a more solid answer about the Reshamka pivot!

Anonymous

Raven, it seems like your troupe can do whatever they want out of the pivoting Resham-ka, as long as you're ok knowing that when dancing with others, you'll be cuing spins. If you tend to mostly dance with your own troupe, that may never be a problem. I tend to dance with different groups pretty frequently, so I'd probably adopt the full combo.

Anonymous

Wet Dog – the steps that Jesse mapped out are correct.  The “kick” is the shake that trails off the leg, like at the end of a dog's shakeout.  The tail/foot is included in the whole follow thru.Resham-ka w/Spins - we added the spins to the Resham-ka and the cue is the pivot.  So, I would expect spins after a pivoting Resham-ka.

Anonymous

I concur with Sandi's answer; I'm still writing up the new {fireside chat} about things that you do with your troupe vs “official” moves. I hope to get it up in a day or two!

Anonymous

Yah, Carolena!

Anonymous

Thank you for your input.  I look forward to the next fireside chat, Carolena. 

Anonymous

Just finished part one of the {fireside chat}Hoping to get it up on my Blog be the end of the day. Stay tuned!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.