Reshamka

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Annabella on tribe.net.Hi girls,br/br/In class last night we were wondering if the Reshamka is always followed by an Egyptian? br/br/In the dance clips it seems to be that way, but we wondered if that was the "rule" or not.br/br/Thanks for your help!br/br/

Anonymous

Originally posted by Valizan on tribe.net.Nope. It really depends on what you want to do next.br/br/If you Resham-ka forward and want to travel backwards, you can a travelling move to move backwards: Wet Dog, Arabic, Ghawazee if you are adventurous.br/br/If you Resham-ka forward because you want to feature something forward, you can: Shoulder Shimmy Combo (Sassy Sweet as I like to call it), Arm undulations (Maybe a level added for interest...), Flutters.br/br/Egyptian is convenient because your arms are there, but it is not what you HAVE to do. Be creative!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Hold on now. No, you dont have to do Egyptian after Resham-ka after moving forward, but you wouldnt use Arm Undulations or Flutters with it. Be careful of mixing slow moves with fast!br/br/One way you would need to use the Egyptian with the Resham-ka is if you are facing your partner in a duet and using the Resham-ka to pass w/8cts then Egyptian for 8cts, cueing for the 1/2 turn on the last 4cts. This allows you to face your partner again.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ursel on tribe.net.Ive seen Manhattan Tribal sometimes use Turkish Shimmy with Arms and Turn after Resham-ka, like here at about 0:50:br/a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yY6kxwaHX0&NR=1 title=www.youtube.com/watchwww.youtube.com/watch/abr/br/But with the dancers starting this being back to back in this clip, of course it needs to be discussed beforehand in such a case.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Alicia on tribe.net.Sandi I am so pleased you said that! I had a horrible thought that at some stage I was going to be told I had to do flutters fast. I cant even do them to slow music! (yet).

Anonymous

Originally posted by Mary on tribe.net.One of my favorite things to do is the Reshamka forward, back with Egyptian basic, Reshamka forward again, and then back with the Wet Dog. It makes me feel even sassier during the Wet Dog!br/br/The girls I dance with half expect this "combo" from me by now, but in the back of my mind I still think "Oooo, I did the Wet Dog instead of the Egyptian basic! I feel like such a rebel!!!! Ha HA!"br/br/Am I easily entertained? ....perhaps....

Anonymous

Originally posted by Mary on tribe.net.Holy cow, Alicia! I can just see it!......br/br/ATS-ers from around the globe are all called together for an important meeting. They crowd us into one big dark room. The doors click shut. A single spotlight reveals a solemn Carolena standing on a stage before us.br/br/"Oh my people!" she intones. "Ive got some back news..."br/br/.....*Dream of a Witches Sabbath from Symphonie Fantastique begins to swell through the room*....br/br/"Everyone - and I do mean EVERYONE - will have to be doing belly flutters to fast music by the end of this month..."br/br/....*The music swells, echoing through the vast room, drowning out our gasps of horror*....br/br/"Muh ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"br/br/(end scene)br/br/br/Oh the Horror!!!!!!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Maia on tribe.net.Mary....you are such a rebel and I love it!!!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sunshine on tribe.net.OMG Mary! LOL!!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Alicia on tribe.net.The horror! Thanks for the laugh Mary (but what if Carolena reads this and gets ideas...)

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.Unless it was a song that went fast then slow, right? Like Kakore Ja? You could end with a reshamka on a fast part and then hit the slow with some arm undulations. Actually, I am going to try that out right now - sounds like a nice transition.:)

Anonymous

Originally posted by Valizan on tribe.net.Thank you Jenn!br/br/Sorry, I wasnt suggesting mixing fast and slow, I was just offering options on what to do once you resham-ka forwards. br/br/Though, flutters by their very nature are fast so Im confused as to why you wouldnt use them to accent fast bits in fast music?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Lisa on tribe.net.Val I understood a flutter to be a solo piece as it would be impossible to cue it and Ive always seen it used during a slow piece.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Ya, what she said.br/br/Tho, if youre doing a fast solo, by all means put the flutters wherever you want.br/br/Still, Arm Undulations dont go in the fast vocabulary. Just sayin.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Lisa on tribe.net.Thanks Sandi!br/br/I thought I was going bonkers for a second.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.