Rush Hour Clarification Needed

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I want to teach my troupe the Rush Hour, but need some clarification so I can do so correctly. In Vol. 9 it notes that the Rush Hour is initiated from a Dueling Duet formation. The Dueling Duet formation (following the fade) places the primary lead closest to the front plane. However, during the Rush Hour passes, her “duet partner” passes her (the main lead) closest to the front plane. Does this mean that when the dancers turn in their boxes after the fade to face their “duet partner” they readjust their positions, by the leads moving a step or two to the back plane and the followers moving a step or two to the front plane? Or have I totally missed something along the way? Thank you so much!

Anonymous

Janine,Marsha created the Rush Hour, so I'll copy this and send it to her for a reply.

Anonymous

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Anonymous

Janine, by 'closest to the front plane' do you mean downstage?The primary leader is downstage from the secondary leader when they pass each other in Rush Hour. In another thread around here somewhere, there's a diagram of the dueling duet positions, and the two leaders stay in their lanes as they pass.

Anonymous

I am having trouble getting this posted. I will try to send this and add a clearer attachment of the progression in the next post. I use the term “front plane” to indicate the audience. (I'm not sure what “down stage” means) As I see it on my diagram, (unless an adjustment occurs) the main lead (#3) ends the fade in a Dueling Duet position closest to the audience. Therefore, if she went into the Rush Hour she would need to take a step toward the back and her duet partner would need to take toward the audience to pass in with the Rush Hour. So somewhere, either I am missing something or a step has to occur to pass in the correct manner Thanks for your help!Positions after Fade    Audience        3              4  1          2       

Anonymous

I'm not having any luck adding an attachement, so hopefully you can understand what I am saying without it. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thanks!

Anonymous

Downstage means closer to the audience.For the rest of your question, because I'm getting confused about which partner you're referring to, check out the topic in the general ATS® forum, titled something like Rush Hour Need Help. It has diagrams in it that might clarify things for you.

Anonymous

Thanks Diana, I found the thread on Rush Hour and it was the same question I had. Evidently there is a repositioning of the “duets” (the two dancers downstage and the two dancers up stage) in the Dueling Duet formation to place them on the same plane as eachother so that the lead can pass towards the back of the stage and the partner can pass toward the front. This must occur when the dancers make their turns to get into place after the fade and face each other. I hope this helps others who may run into the same quetion. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.