Rush Hour with Camel Step?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hey everybody,we've been working on the Rush Hour last night, and somehow it occured to me that you could also do that with the Camel Step...or do I remember that wrong?However the questions with that are:- do you have to do it twice as with the Arabic 1-2-3?- do you keep on the same line, as in Arabic 1-2-3, which would mean that you HAVE to do it twice to bring everyone back to the DD-formation, or would it be possible to only do it once and everybody is slipping to the psotion their changing partner had previously?Thank you so much for your help!cheers, Gudrun

Anonymous

Camel in rush hour – I have to check it;) hmmm but about question 2 – is there any rush hour, where dancers not bring back to started positions?

Anonymous

I learned it from Kae in Kiev in 2012. It starts with one Camel Walk in place, eye-contact between leaders should be broken during Torso Rotation. Then the leaders shoud walk in Taxeem towards the opposite followers. Then the leaders pass with the opposite followers (like in duet) at least two times – it is cued by the outside people. An then they come back in Taxeem.This is what I have in my notes from that workshop, I hope it helps 🙂EDIT: About the second question - I have something like that written down: everyone should stay on their line, to keep the idea of Rush Hour. So we don't exactly switch places. To stay on those lines we need to do the first passing face to face and the second back to back.But I remember Kae saying that the whole idea was still a work in progress at the time. So maybe there were some changes since then.

Anonymous

We tried something along those lines last year and called it Four Camels. It doesn´t follow the pattern of the Rush Hour but it was inspired by it. http://youtu.be/cGP0WmweWpg (it starts at 2:20)

Anonymous

We do have a Slow Rush Hour concept in progress at the studio!  Red Lotus has been doing variations on it for years, including with the Camel Walk and other steps.Here's one variation with floorwork, starting at 2:40 or so:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP452wrt7jgAnd here's another variation with floorwork, starting around 4:44:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DUcjMv_Vm8

Anonymous

We do a slow rush hour mix up.  We have not pulled it out in performance at this time but it works very well with the camel, the barrel turn, well honestly any of the slow movements that can pass.We have also played with other movements in the fast version too.  It is lots of fun and it just means being in the present with each other. 🙂  As well as understanding the "cue" when it happens. LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.