Sahra turn

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a question about the Sahra Turn, specifially the timing of each of the parts. On the dvd the move is broken down one part at a time but doesn't specify which count of the music each part should start on. In the demonstration following the breakdown the timing changes a bit each time the move is demonstrated so is it correct to assume that the move is done according to how the leader is interpereting the music? I've also noticed that in FCBD performances I've seen on youtube the timing seems to change depending on the music and the dancer who is leading it.  🙂 I'm sure I saw this mentioned in a discussion on tribe.net about "flock of birds" but I can't seem to find it any more.Thanks!

Anonymous

Being that Sahra is a slow move, it is arhythmic and thus follows no count. yes, it depends solely on the learder musicallity and interpretation of the song.

Anonymous

That's what I thought. Thank you!  🙂

Anonymous

Exactly!

Anonymous

Carla, you're very welcome.  🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.