Sandi’s step-hop in ASWAT w. Flourish

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi, Sandi, This question is for you, if you can stand the micro-detail! You demonstrated a little step-hop that you do on count 4&, just before the flourish in ASWAT with Flourish. Here's the foot sequence as I recall:ct. 1 -- R foot steps to left wall ct. & --ct. 2 -- L foot steps to left wallct. & --ct. 3 -- R foot steps to frontct. & --ct. 4 -- L foot steps to frontct. & -- R foot crosses over L, as L hops up (R ball is now on floor toward left wall, L foot is up off ground)ct. 5 -- Here's where my question arises: what does the R foot do on ct. 5?ct. & --ct. 6 -- L foot steps to begin the flourish.Assuming I've got that sequence straight, my question, again, is: what does the R foot do on count 5? It's already where it needs to be, so does it just stay put?Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi Nancy,Great to have you in the SF studio that weekend!  Here is my edit for the flourish lead-in:ct. 4 -- L foot steps to frontct. & -- R foot crosses over L, as L shifts under you (R ball is now on floor toward left wall, L foot is under your center and is weighted).  This little quick change with the feet gets you ready for the turn.  The act of it adds a little bit of momentum to get you turning the opposite way you were originally going.  ct. 5 -- R foot becomes weighted for the beginning of the 4ct turn.Hope that helps!

Anonymous

Thanks, Sandi! Yes that helps a lot– the R foot now has a job on ct. 5, namely to take the weight. I'll work on it some more and see what happens! Thanks so much for your time.Nancy

Anonymous

I had pondered over this same question for months until last year at a workshop the teacher danced it, and the lightbulb moment hit home to me and my dance colleague!! Suddenly I could understand what this 'hop' was :-). Never forgotten and now yell out '5' in my head when dancing lol 🙂

Anonymous

Wow, such detail! Fantastic.

Anonymous

Arg, I was sort of praying this post would slip by you, Carolena. I heard your voice saying “Don't overthink it!” as I hit 'post'…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.