Second hand belly dance clothes?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have been trying to find a source for second-hand belly dance clothes – not full performance costumes but skirts and cholis. And so far, I haven't had much luck… Is there something like this “out there” – a website or a store? And, yes, I have a few things that I'd like to sell (a skirt and choli that aren't quite my color after all; plus jazz dance shoes that are too snug). Mostly, though, I prefer buying things second hand to save money and other resources... Thanks!Rachel

Anonymous

LOTS of choices to spend your money, Rachel.  Facebook has “ATS Costume Swap and Sell”, and “ATS Costuming” (that one's more about making/altering your own costumes), as well as general:  Bellydance Thrift Store (not so thrifty, and almost all cabaret or Egyptian).  Ebay is also a great resource; you can enter “ATS bellydance” or “choli” or “25 yard skirt” and qualify the search just for “pre-owned”.  My happiest bargains are at bellydance workshops or haflas where dancers sell their own used stuff.

Anonymous

Preloved Tribal, also on facebook, is a pretty active group – not all ATS though.

Anonymous

Cool, cool, cool! I knew that I was just not looking in the right places 🙂 Thanks for the hints!

Anonymous

There is also a group on Facebook that is ONLY for ATS(R) costuming pieces:https://www.facebook.com/groups/226081584234339/

Anonymous

Hi Rachel!  Also try Bellydance Thriftstore on Facebook.  There are quite a lot of groups on Facebook where you can find belly dancers selling their secondhand items, but I find that once you belong to a few or more, you start to see the same posts across the groups.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.