Sister Studio Newsletter via E-mail

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello,I've heard that many Sister Studios have received, via e-mail, the new Sister Studio Newsletter; I have not received this.  Is there an action we need to take in order to subscribe?Thank you!Lauren

Anonymous

Wondering about this, too.

Anonymous

I haven't received it either…

Anonymous

Here is April's newsletter. If you are a sister studio it should come to you automatically. If you're not getting it, I think you can just send an email and ask to be added. Also, I had to change my email settings so that it came to me inbox and didn't get redirected to the spam folder. Hope this helps!April 2016Sister Studio NewsletterTeacher Talk with Carolena and Megha    Did you know that the arm cue for the Reverse Turn slides down the side of the body?Since several of our slow turns begin with arms overhead, it's important to make a distinctive arm gesture at the beginning of the Reverse Turn.Where it can go wrong:  If the lead dancer makes a wide gesture out to the side while dropping the right arm it can be confused as the cue for either the Corkscrew Turn or the Propeller Turn.  How can you give a clean cue?  Imagine that you are actually pointing to the space behind your right hip as you begin the floreo on the right hand and bring your arm down, keeping your hand close to your torso as you do so. The combination of this arm cue, swinging the right foot back, and looking down to the right over the right shoulder all at the same time will give the following dancers all the cues they need to prepare to turn to the right instead of to the left.  Technique for Teachers Certification Course "Are your elbows lifted?" ATS® has grown into a global phenomenon with an impressive expansion of the number of certified ATS® teachers. The Technique for Teachers Certification Course is aNEW opportunity to ensure that we are all sharing the same high-quality instruction at our Sister Studio locations. In this course for ATS® Teacher Training graduates, Carolena and Megha will assess each teacher's technique, provide feedback and offer corrections to ensure that all of our students, worldwide, are receiving consistent instruction. Each day will consist of a detailed breakdown of two core moves from the ATS® vocabulary followed by chorus drills. Each participant will have an opportunity to lead a two-song drill and receive feedback on their movement technique. We'll have plenty of time for questions and answers, and bonus drills as well. Sent by fcbdoffice@fcbd.com 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.