Smiling!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 6 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Lucy on tribe.net.Hi,br/br/I was wondering if anyone had any tips for helping dancers relax into things a little and let their enjoyment show.br/I understand the situation with ladies who havent been dancing very long, but some of these have a few years experience, are performing and its something Id like to help with.br/I find it hard to think how to help with this as I always grin like an idiot while dancing; cant help myself.br/Things are improving as they do, with time and practice, and I know I cant teach them how to relax and smile but any tips I can pass on would be very appreciated!br/br/Thanks very much 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.There was a discussion about this on the Tribal Bellydance tribe recently:br/a href=http://tribalbellydance.tribe.net/thread/ea9f26b0-e9e3-44f4-b99d-cd1d7d0c2016 title=tribalbellydance.tribe.net/thre...c2016tribalbellydance.tribe.net/thre...c2016/abr/br/I try to remind them that theyre dancing with their friends! I know Carolena sometimes says to think about how you feel when someone gives you a really great present. That helps!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.Because dance *is* a really great present! (Cheesy, I know, but true!)

Anonymous

Originally posted by Fraya on tribe.net.I ask the girls who are more relaxed to help the others by smiling at them when they are all facing for transitions and such. I have a few "smile queens" who just cant seem to not have beautiful smiles, and I always make sure theyre in there encouraging the others. Yips and zhagareets are also helpful reminders.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.I will remind people in class to smile while theyre dancing. Sometimes I have to remind the same person several times within one class, because they arent conscious of it, so as soon as they forget, the smile goes away. Smiling needs as much practice as the moves do!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Lucy on tribe.net.Thank you for the link, lots of useful stuff there and here - thanks everyone.br/Particularly like the comment that smiling is part of the muscle memory for the move 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘ATS® GS/TT’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.