Songs with both Fast + Slow

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.It seems that these are sometimes the best songs for performance, especially if your timeslot is only long enough for one song: those that incorporate both fast and slow.br/br/I was hoping others could share their favourite fast + slow songs - I find that I am starting to get tired of some of the standards that I have.br/br/On my list are:br/br/Helm - Amelbr/Helm - Kakore Jabr/Phil Thornton - Bay City Shimmybr/Phil Thornton - Derwood Greenbr/Hossam Ramzy - El Gamal Wel Gammalbr/Raquy and the Cavemen - Caravanbr/br/What are your favourite songs that include both fast and slow?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.Helm-Farasha, Saidi Roah, Sharia El Soukbr/Scirocco-part of the country dance suite-there are two songs that are slow to fastbr/br/

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Helm - Farashabr/Helm - Dukhanbr/Sirocco - Drone & Nay (parts of the Country Dance Suite)br/Metqal - Luxor Baladnabr/Bambi Saidi - from Latcho Drombr/Ya Dorah Shami - from Latcho Drombr/br/Just off the top of my head. There might be some new ones on the new Helm cd, Tribal Spirit, to be released at the end of the month. :}

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.Thanks, ladies - I have most of these, but had forgotten about some of them, which is just as useful as finding new music!br/br/Also - new Helm CD - woohoo! New CD in the summer and DVD in fall/winter - awesome!br/br/I hope others will keep adding to the list of songs!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.Theres also Dayati Mali, by Metqal, from Sahra Saedi, which is out of print, but if you can find a copy, its great. And in addition to Ya Dorah Shami, Bambi Saaidi is also slow to fast from Latcho Drom. Also, Saidi Dance from Music of the Fellahin. And Maghreb, by Helm.

Anonymous

Originally posted by MissTrixsta on tribe.net.Another mixed track by Helm is "Nihavent Oyun Havasi", though it has a lot more slow to it. Darban Jooth Na Boley by Solace is one of my favourites and Two Gypsies is great though it has a lot more fast than slow.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jasmine on tribe.net.One of the girls in our troupe just brought up the song "Sultaniyegah Longa" by Salaam about a month ago. We affectionately refer to it as "Angelas Piratey Song." 🙂 The first half is slow, the second half is fast. The fast portion changes up a little bit so that at first its a normal fast, then it suddenly becomes a quicker fast toward the end. Theres also parts where the rhythm changes just a bit during the fast portion so that the typical RLR zil pattern has to be slightly adjusted in order to not sound like were zilling off the beat. Needless to say, we havent performed to it yet. Were still working on knowing the song well enough to anticipate its mood swings, and its taking a while. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jaki on tribe.net.the rhythm changes are the song switching from an 8 to a 6, thats why the zilling doesnt match up quite right 😉

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jasmine on tribe.net.Yeah, I know the time signature switches up slightly -- just not sure how up everyone is on their music theory, so I didnt bother mentioning specific numbers of beats. 🙂 Still, though, it can be adapted even though its not a time signature divisible by four. With just a subtle little change to the RLR patterns normal cadence, we can still zil all the way through the fast part.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Nefert on tribe.net.Its good songs!)br/And we have "fast and slow" experience dancing under this songbr/Hamerijonga by Yokibr/br/a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk2C6Ixg260&feature=channel_video_title title=www.youtube.com/watchwww.youtube.com/watch/a

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.