Student Feedback

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Joan Marie on tribe.net.Hey dancers, br/br/How do you handle providing student feedback. For example, if you have a student that has a beautiful arabic, do you praise that student in front of the other students or provide it to her privately. I provide general feedback to the entire class and then general to each student as well. How do other teachers handle this?br/br/Thanks. Joan

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.I tend to comment generally during class. Depends on the level. Lower levels, I generalize. Upper levels, I try to comment specifically.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.I tend to give more individual one on one critique as Im circulating the room, making corrections. With newer students, I tend to tell them directly as Im correcting them. In the more advanced levels, I will give both general and personal feedback, sometimes in front of the whole room, sometimes not.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Lucy on tribe.net.I praise the whole group and to specific individuals, both privately and in front of everyone...

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.I praise the whole group (and criticize - "everyone, elbows up more") - and also give feedback both in front of the room, and individually as I move through the room. When I make a comment at the front of the room to a specific person, I try to a) give out several comments at once, quickly, so that it doesnt draw attention to one person, and b) use a fairly neutral tone of voice. ("Glenda, chest up more; Looks good, Tiffany; Carly, watch your levels - only the hip moves up, not the whole body.")br/br/I also consider each persons personality - I can tell that some people would be uncomfortable if I said their name in front of the whole class, whereas others dont mind.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.