Student Performance

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Heidi on tribe.net.Im about to have my first student performance at a Holiday Hafla at my studio. Im so excited!!br/br/I know what the ATS costuming requires, but I was wondering if it is acceptable to have them wear skirt, pantaloons, and a studio tshirt to help them save money since they arent professional. I have many skirts they can borrow but several have already purchased their very own 25 yard skirts 🙂 yay! br/br/Suggestions? br/br/Thank you! 😀

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.I would want them to wear cholis, even if it is their practice ones. Ive seen some creative modifications to t-shirts to make them look like cholis too. Part of the fun in performing is getting your costume ready and sometimes that means making it yourself. Or, borrowing/loaning cholis is another option. The idea is to have everyone look somewhat decorated in the same ways so that no one sticks out for lack of costuming. br/br/Though, with it being a hafla, which are usually casual and low stress, Id say, go with what you think is feasible and works with the environment.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Heidi on tribe.net.Thanks Sandi 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.Id agree with Sandi. When students get to the point where they start performing, they should expect to invest in some costuming, imo.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Heidi on tribe.net.Sounds good to mebr/br/I think having a workshop on how to make a good looking, but inexpensive tribal bra would probably be the best route, for starters. Ill take that route.br/br/Thanks!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.when we have student shows, we dont require that the students have the FULL costume, but they should at least have a choli, skirt and pantaloons. Then they can embellish beyond that according to what costuming theyve collected so far.

Anonymous

Originally posted by MissTrixsta on tribe.net.We get our students to bring costuming into class before a performance, with any extras that they are happy to lend out. That way they can all help one another by lending or swapping items, and get excited about the performance too!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Yeah, its really cool to see what they come up with! :}

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.