Students who’s intent may be to teach

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello!I have two students that may or may not intend on teaching.  I've received third party information that their intent is to teach ATS® in my area.  One student is in Level 2.  One student is in Level 3.  Being that the information is third party, I don't entirely trust it but want to be cautious.  I'm wondering what my plan of action should be.  I think the first step is to just ask them, "Is your intent to teach ATS®?" and go from there.  I feel like this is the most fair way to start.  If their answer is yes, then what? My fight instinct says to then hold them at arms length so that I don't get burned as badly when it happens.My zen instinct says to nurture and encourage and act as an example instead of a competitor.  ugh.  I don't see either of these two as teachers now, but that doesn't mean they won't be good teachers in the future. I recall a blog post about students and teaching.  The gist is that we are providing a service or product, they pay for said service, and the trade is fair and complete.  What they do with that is their business.  Sears doesn't hesitate to sell us a washing machine because we might turn around and put it up for sale on Craigslist right?  Any thoughts from your experience?Thank you in advance! ~Carrie 😉

Anonymous

Carrie, I would just ask them. If the answer is yes, then I would also offer to mentor if you can (or in a limited fashion, if you can). Maybe a discussion of the steps that you would consider necessary to start teaching (whatever those may be) will help them realize the hard work ahead, if they don't already! And then, once they are teaching in your area, it would hopefully be under positive circumstances, and not the bad kind of competitive ones.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.