Supporting Your Troupe Mates Going To GS/TT

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So I am super pleased that my troupe mates will be going to GS and TT this August in Missouri. One of them is already teaching level one at our studio. It gives me time to focus on the business stuff I need to do and gives her the opportunity to learn how to teach and get confident and comfortable.What ways, other than giving them teaching opportunities, could a director use do you suppose, to support troupe mates in their preparatory time prior to the intensives?

Anonymous

I don't know to be honest.  But I look forward to everyone's thoughts, especially because of my recent post on the SS board. 😉

Anonymous

Perhaps the use of evaluations to give some feedback in order to both boost their confidence in areas they excel and to give some more information in areas they aren't as strong.  Maybe a movie night to review the FCBD® videos for some extra inspiration.

Anonymous

OOOooOoOOo I like that idea Raven!

Anonymous

None of my students have attended GS, but I review the syllabus from my session and make sure they know each of the moves so they would know exactly what to expect.  I wouldn't want them to come back saying, why didn't you teach me this???  In my opinion GS is refining what they know, so they got to know it in the first place.  BTW, I've told two of mine I believe they're ready in case they ever want to go.Edit: I guess the question was specific to troupe mates, not students?  Right now my students are my "troupe" so it still applies.  🙂

Anonymous

I had troupemates student-teach in my classes with me present. That way I could add corrections when necessary plus give them feedback about their technique. Because we were actually sponsoring GS/TT, I also offered a few practice sessions for my troupe and others locally, to go over the different steps and practice teaching to each other, with feedback.

Anonymous

^^ That's what we do presently…^^

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘ATS® GS/TT’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.