sword travel

This topic contains 35 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Our out-of-country guests aren't going to be able to fly with their swords.  This thread will be a place that you can ask others to borrow a sword or offer a sword for borrowing!Thanks. Terri

Anonymous

I was considering shipping my sword to myself….is that a practical solution? 🙂

Anonymous

Shipping your sword is certainly a possibility. You could ship it to the hotel.  That is a great solution especially if you want YOUR OWN sword to use for the workshop.  If you don't care about what sword you use, then we could ask around to see if anyone had one you could borrow.Terri

Anonymous

Thank you for creating this thread Terri.I am from Edmonton, Canada and will have a challenge to bring a sword for the workshop.  If there is anyone who is willing to lend one for the workshop, I would be most grateful.thanks!Colleen

Anonymous

I'll bring a sword for someone to borrow 🙂

Anonymous

Thanks Jesse!!

Anonymous

Hi all,I'll be travelling from Australia and think bringing my sword will be difficult.Does anyone have one I could borrow for the workshop? I am used to using the cas iberia style (heavy weight) one but any would be appreciated 🙂Thanks,Sara

Anonymous

I also need a sword if anyone would have one I could borrow?

Anonymous

Is it possible when flying within the continental US to carry a sword in checked luggage?  Wondering what others who use sword and travel do?

Anonymous

Hi travelling from England I know I will be unable to travel with my sword, so are there any students willing to let me borrow one for the class , there may be something you would like me to bring from the old country as a big thank you  I have only just begin to practice with the heavier version but would be happy to use any style sarahx

Anonymous

Hi everyone,I will put a call out to the San Fran gals to see if anyone else has swords that out-of-towners can borrow.  Terri

Anonymous

There must be ways you can fly with your swords – fencing teams do it all the time.

Anonymous

Can I please borrow a sword from someone? I live in the UK and there is no way I can bring one with me. Many thanks

Anonymous

Hello ladies!  My name is Kelsey and I am a FCBD student in SF.  I am going to be helping Terri organize sword-borrowing for those of you in need.  Stay tuned for messages from me in the near future.  In the meantime, check out this rental resource that I found!  I had no idea such things existed…. maybe there are more!http://weaponsofchoice.com/weapons/exotica/

Anonymous

Kelsey, it's great that you're organizing sword-lending.  Any chance you could do the same with baskets?  I can pack one, but it will take up valuable luggage space that might otherwise be used to bring back stuff I buy from vendors at the Homecoming 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

The forum ‘ATS® Homecoming’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.