Taxeem

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello sisters! I have a question about Taxeem. Is it updated so that instead moving down to up it moves down, out, up? I'm confused about this as Carolena says (or used to say) it's basicly a weight change. Also I understood that the loop was a result of muscular work + hip construction. Im looking forward to your responses

Anonymous

I always understood it to be a weight change, and using your obliques to lift the hip.. which causes that loop to occur as the hip gets pulled up and in with the muscle contraction…. with slow deliberate movement. I think flexibility, and the ability to isolate the movement, and exaggerate it, all helps, and that pretty much determines the extent/range of motion individual dancers will have….But ya, now I'm curious to see what others have to say about it.  🙂

Anonymous

?

Anonymous

I think, as there is a weight shift, there is some movement out before the hip comes up.

Anonymous

You are all correct except for one point: I have always said this, I haven't changed anything.However, you may remember different parts, depending on your skill level at the time that you heard it.The basis of the Taxeem is a weight shift. When you shift your weight to take a step, you also shift your ribcage and shoulders slightly; clearing all the weight from the side of the body that will take the step. Try that now.Feel it? OK.To add shape to the Taxeem, contract the external oblique (origin; bottom of ribcage, insertion top of hip bone; insertions pull towards origins when the origin is the closed chain) on the side of the weightless leg. This lifts the weightless hip, giving it a floating effect. When your hips are even, and both legs are straight, you put an equal amount into both legs and then shift the weight to the other side.Feel it? Good.In summary, the sum of  all the parts creates a floating horizontal figure 8. What looks like the hip swaying out is really the effect of the shoulders and ribcage shifting away from the weightless hip, and then coming to neutral.Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.