This step

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 6 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Erika on tribe.net.Howdy SIsters and Brother,br/can you tell me something about this step pleasebr/ a href=http://www.youtube.com/user/ManhattanTribal title=www.youtube.com/user/ManhattanTribalwww.youtube.com/user/ManhattanTribal/abr/Is the first step presented. I think someone a while ago said is called Rada veil, and that is a floorwork move. I"d like to check if that"s correct and find any other informations about it. Thank you!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.That looks like a Manhattan Tribal variation of the Propeller Turn.br/The Radha is part of the extended prayer, but is sometimes used on its own. It can be done in standing position or in floorwork.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Erika on tribe.net.Thank you Sandi. Tha Radha is performed in vol. n. 8, right?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.I dont think the Radha is broken down on any dvd, but youll probably see it during the floorwork performance. The original standing version can be seen here at :58: a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sYHTvAFURk title=www.youtube.com/watchwww.youtube.com/watch/a

Anonymous

Originally posted by Raven on tribe.net.Its a lovely move!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Erika on tribe.net.Thanks again

Anonymous

Originally posted by Unknown on tribe.net.Wow one of our moves got onto the Teachers Tribe woo hoo! br/br/This was a choreographed piece and the opening move is something we call "Ottos Shrunken Head" its a variation off the Propeller, like a two arm Propeller turn, not in the ATS format, as in not approved by Carolena, and weve actually modified it recently because the body wave with arms on the end bit didnt look ATS enough to me. Looking at in now, I"m like why did we do that? br/br/This is in an in-troupe move, I dont teach it in class, its part of the MT repertoire.br/br/Please dont take any MT variations to be coming down from Fat Chance, were exploring the Modern ATS stuff, and please do refer back to this tribe and the Fat Chance ladies!br/br/Flattered nonetheless that folks are checking us out!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.Mimi, can you tell us the story behind the name of "Ottos Shrunken Head"? I am very curious now. . .

Anonymous

Originally posted by Unknown on tribe.net.Heh heh, one of the things we said about it is "dont make it look like a hula" which lead me to think of Tiki Bars of course, and ourbr/favorite Punk Rock Tiki Bar in the Village is called Ottos Shrunken Head 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Erika on tribe.net.Thanks for chiming in, Mimi!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.Thanks, Mimi. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.