Tips, and Performance Prices

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Leslie on tribe.net.I dont scrabble for tips when we dance at outdoor festivals. I have attended plenty of Ren Faires with lots of antics involving baskets, shimmies, and cash. Farmers markets are another place where tip baskets have been strategically placed or "pimped." I have so far hesitated to ask for anything from the audiences, but now Im wondering.br/br/At a private retirement party last night, the hostess had a huge tip jar "for the dancers." With over 100 guests, there was $75 within an hour of the performance! I didnt expect it, and thanked her, also putting some of it in the "for the band" tip jar right next to it, and leaving a bit for her to cover her expenses for the party.br/br/What is the general opinion about tips for dancing? Is it "beneath us" to even consider? How can it be done tastefully, or is that even possible? What do you charge for performances? I know it sometimes depends on distance of travel, and time spent dancing. I would like to hear some of your ideas and experiences.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.