TONIGHT!!! Anyone want to dance?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Carolena just sent this to you all as an email, but I thought I'd post it here, in case you're here already discussing other things.  See, this is what we're trained for (not last minute gigs), putting on a show on the spot.  Anyone?Copy of request:Comments: Hi Carolena,Fat Chance Belly Dance was recently highly recommended to me and I wanted to reach out to see if students or the dance company would be interested in partnering with me on our upcoming fashion show, The Pink Gown.The Pink Gown is a pink themed, fundraising fashion show, raising funds for 2 breast cancer charities, The Pink Pearls of Hope and Friend to Friend, on Saturday February 9th from 7pm to 9:30pm at the 4th Street Studios in San Francisco.The event gives everyone their chance on the catwalk by raising a minimum fundraising fee or paying a registration fee to walk in the event. We currently have 33 model and an audience of about 150 for this weekend's show, with all proceeds being split equally between the 2 charities.We would love to entertain guests with 2 dance performances during the show to keep things upbeat and interesting. We recently lost our previously scheduled dance group, and I hate the late notice, but I'm hoping you may be interested in the event and can step in to help make the show a success. We would aim to make it beneficial to you as well, publicizing you as sponsor of the event on our site and at the event, and advertise any programs or class info in the gift bags each attendee receives.Here are our links for more info:Our site: http://www.thepinkgown.com/Event info: http://thepinkgownfashionshow.eventbrite.com/We'd love to work with you on this~~do you think we can we talk more?Best,Stacy CumberbatchFounderC:  305-766-9589

Anonymous

Eek!A bit too short notice for me! Sounds fun though... and I have loads of pink too...

Anonymous

Thought I'd just update the conversation here from what's been going on in the emails, so far Jen Shaw, Nissa and I are all in. Nissa has agreed to be points and Sofia would love to do this gig as well but is looking for a ride from the East Bay (Emeryville specifically).

Anonymous

Sorry guys, I think I'm just going to have to bow out of this one.  Gotta choose between going to class or doing the performance, and I need to leave for class in about half an hour.  I'll keep checking to see if anything changes before I leave, but otherwise just count me out.

Anonymous

Sorry -short notice doesn't work for me either…

Anonymous

Thanks, Nissa, Maya and Jennifer for taking this on!  I hope it went well!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘BlueDiamondsBellyDance’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.