Travel forward and back with Sunanda?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I've heard that FatChance sometimes travels the Sunanda — that is, walks forward and back with it. If so, how is it done? Do you travel forward only on the first 8 counts (the left-front-left-front counts), and travel back on the second 8 counts (the right-front-right-front counts)?Thanks for any help!

Anonymous

We fade with the Sunanda, though we're told in a workshop that it's not an 'official' move?  Apparently it's not easy to get past each other with the arms, but we haven't had a problem.Anyway, we start a Sunanda as normal facing front, then to fade the leader steps back on count 1 and takes 8 counts to fade whilst the arms are to the left, and then fades immediately back to the front on the next 8 counts whilst arms are to the right.  Hope that makes sense.K x

Anonymous

We do travel forward and backward with the Sunanda, but there aren't any specific rules around the count that I'm aware of.  We don't generally fade with the Sunanda, because the arms are out to the side and we don't want to whack each other!

Anonymous

We fade the Sunanda without issue, though I wouldn't recommend it if you usually perform in tight spaces 😉 We're usually out at festivals and stuff, though, so we usually have plenty of space to move past each other while fading.

Anonymous

Thanks, all, for your comments, and sorry to take so long getting back to you! Janet, thanks so much. Can you say a bit more about how you travel Sunanda forward and back at the studio? I would think you travel forward only on the left-facing counts, and back only on the rightward-facing counts?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Technique’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.