Travelling with slow moves when in a circle?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Katarina on tribe.net.Are the walking taxeem and the walking bodywave the only slow moves that you can travel with when in a circle? Could you just walk with slow, invisible steps while for example doing the cue for propellor/corcscrew turn, or get to move around in some other way?br/br//Katarina

Anonymous

Originally posted by Alicia on tribe.net.Yup - you can travel with corkscrew, propellor and barrel turns. For corkscrew and propellor you can either walk doing the set-up and then stay still during the turn, or do the set up in place and move around the circle with the turns.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.Ive never used the bodywave to turn the wheel. I guess I dont really use walking taxeem either. With that move, the hips are independent of the feet, I think it takes too long to get around. If we (my troupe) use taxeem to turn the wheel, we tend to use bigger steps, keeping a low center of gravity, and allow the hips to synch up with the footing so that we can get around faster. br/br/You can also just use undulating arms and floreo hands with arms sweeps (similar to the finish arm on barrel turn). I also think its perfectly acceptable to just walk with good posture and pretty arms without necessarily doing a move. br/br/IMHO.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Leslie on tribe.net.I say "quiet arms" when traveling in a slow circle, especially with new dancers whose arm moves arent quite perfected. I prefer the floreos, arms overhead, or at hips with l o n g strides, like Carrie said.br/br/I lovelovelove the idea of using moves to travel! Has anyone ever seen the "walking rainbow?" I saw it on youtube. (Insert laughter here--can you all hear Carolena right now?)br/br/Good question!!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.Do you have a link to the walking rainbow?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Erika on tribe.net.Heres one from one of our performances:br/br/a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIQH8XtUyx4 title=www.youtube.com/watchwww.youtube.com/watch/abr/br/It starts at about half a minute. Devi said she liked it, so I think it should be ok for me to point it out as an example.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ursel on tribe.net.Gorgeous performance! 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.Thanks!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Maya Ekkadi on tribe.net.Erika: at around :19 seconds and at 2:02 you do a turn where both arms swoops down and you turn at same time. What is that move called? I took the GS certification 2 years ago and dont remember that move. Is it on their newest dvd? I dont have that one yet. I love that move and would love to add it to my library of ats moves!!!br/br/At :36 is that the rainbow move? Very pretty!br/br/At 1:00 minutes and 3:00 minutes, whats that move called? I like that one too! br/br/I really need to get the latest dvd from FCBD! I really loved the performance! Thanks for posting it!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ursel on tribe.net.I think the move at 0:19 and 2:02 is called Pulse Turn, and the one at 1:00 and 3:00 must be the Loco Camel. Both moves were introduced into ATS by Devi Mamak from Ghawazi Caravan in Australia. br/They will be on the new DVD (Vol. 9, Anatomy of a Step), and no, they are not included in GS, because that would mean expanding the schedule by yet another day, and Carolena has decided against that. So we either have to look for workshops presenting these moves, or we have to wait for the DVD ... or both ... 😉 (I have yet to learn those moves, too; so far I only know enough to identify them by sight.)

Anonymous

Originally posted by Erika on tribe.net.Hello Maya, that at :36 is the Rainbow but is performed while travelling, so its a bit of a variation. br/You already got the other answers 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘ATS® GS/TT’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.