Triangle Step facing in circle

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

When doing the triangle step facing in the circle, do you use the same foot pattern as you do when doing it in place then travel with only the turn?

Anonymous

Triangle Step is still new to me and taking in the circle is beyond my comprehension! I'm interested to hear what the others have to say!

Anonymous

Yes we perform it like that ie use the same foot pattern and travel with the turn. It's a lovely skirt flying moment!

Anonymous

Here's how I learned (in a couple workshops with Devi) to circle with Triangle. As Madonna said, you use essentially the same foot pattern and the normal 8 counts. The circle travels leftward, mainly on the turn on cts. 7-8 but also a bit on count 1:Ct. 1: right foot takes a longer than normal step leftwardCts. 2-6: use the usual step pattern, but keep the steps small (so as not to lose the leftward ground you gained on ct. 1)Cts. 7-8: do only one full turn (as in the normal Triangle), by doing two half turns that travel the circle. Avoid the urge to go spinning off as you would in ASWAT circle! 

Anonymous

Thank you for all of the responses, they are all very helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.