TSWAT Counting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Charlottio on tribe.net.Hiyabr/When I learnt the TSWAT I was taught that to start the move from the Turkish Shimmy, the arms come up over 4 counts and that this should be on the 5-8 count. Therefore when you start the new arm movement swooping down it is on the 1, and it takes the full 8 counts to complete both arms. So it fits nicely within the music. br/br/Recently some of my advanced students have been bringing the arms up on the 1-4, meaning that they start to swoop on 5-8 and don’t finish until the next 1-4 count. For me this jars a little and doesn’t fit so well with the music. BUT am I being a bit too picky and technical? How do you guys teach it? Shoud the move be kept within the 8- count of the music where possible?br/Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.I think it looks better that way, but if they start it on the 5, I wouldnt scold them for it. Just keep demonstrating what the differences are, so they can hear it in the music. This is probably where Id go into a little explanation about our jobs as music interpreters. ;}

Anonymous

Originally posted by Charlottio on tribe.net.Fab. Thanks for the tip Sandi.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Charlottio on tribe.net.Oooo another question came up this week when I taught this...br/Would you ever go straight into the half turn directly from the cue or would you always do one 8-count of the arms on Performance Angle first?br/We tried out the former to see how it would work and the change of body angle seemed to be enough of a cue... If you wanted to get into the half turns and circling quickly...br/Thanksbr/x

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Yes you could go into half turns after doing Turkish Shimmy, walk the arms up and start the TSWA 1/2 turns. Leading with TS is crucial though so the footing can already be there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.