TSWAT Question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So you have cued the Turkish Shimmy With Arms and Turn Combo by zigging the arms up. The next step is to sweep the right arm down. However... is it kosher to immediately also turn with the arm? No once through in place just sweep and turn?

Anonymous

I always give a set up of 8 counts, so both arm sweeps happen to the front as to 1. give my followers time to get into the move 2. the audience sees the move before we complicate it with turns.BUT, i think if you are in tune with your troupe enough it shouldn't be to terrible to go right into the Cue for the turn off the first arm sweep. I've done it before (i had a brain fart on stage and just skipped the set up) and no one missed it and we all turned fine. I think it's all about in that Flow and having that connection with your dancers.

Anonymous

Yes, you can go right into the 1/2 turns without doing it in place first.  Since you're already setting up in TS, when your followers see the arms move upward, the next logical move is the TSWA, and if your body angle moves into the left front corner, that indicates you're moving right into the 1/2 turns.As Brandi said in the FB group, the TSWAT is not a set combo, so you can do elements of it, or not.  You don't have to do the 1/2 turns at all.  This helps with fitting the movements into the music.

Anonymous

Is that true of ASWAT as well?

Anonymous

Valizan – do you mean cueing the flourish immediately with the ASWAT?

Anonymous

Yes, you can cue the turn as soon as you start the ASWA.  You also don't have to do the turn at all, even though it adds to the buildup really nicely.

Anonymous

OOps, I didn't see these replies and I think it may somewhat answer my recent question.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.