TV interviews

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I am a fairly new sister studio. My ATS®  troupe is performing  for 2 festivals in the next several weeks. We are going to have a 1hr interview on our local ABC and NBC TV stations. I am pretty shy and have never done this before in my life. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Ask the TV stations to give you the questions in advance, think with calm about the answers you are going to give and practice giving them by speaking aloud to someone pretending you are talking to the journalist, “role paying”like. You can also have a third person recording with a videocamera, in case you might be videocamera shy.

Anonymous

Ah, great idea. I didn't even think to ask them what questions they might ask!

Anonymous

And remember, you are not obliged to answer anything you don't want to. If you get asked something and you don't like the question, don't say a word. Dead air is a TV journo's worse enemy. It will get edited out. Just smile.  🙂Valizanformer newspaper guy

Anonymous

Well, I wouldn't not answer a question, but just swerve the answer to another topic that makes them think you're answering the question.  One time we did a Hispanic morning show in SF and the host asked me some heavy question about feminism/sexuality/eroticism with bellydance.  I was thinking, that's some heavy stuff to be watching at 8am.  And too early for my shy brain to answer intelligently.  I tried to keep it light and center the information around our group, specifically, and what we try to portray as a group, rather than trying to represent all of bellydance.  TMI, dude.  Sometimes, I don't think they know what people want to hear.Smile a lot, have good posture and plug, plug, plug!  🙂

Anonymous

We smiled alot and had a good time!!! Thank you all, it went great. One thing we also did was muffle our zills by putting painters tape on each of them to muffle to reverberation for the demonstration and I think this was helpful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.