very short songs?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello –I remember, once upon a time, finding a thread on Tribe that included a list of some very short (2-3 minutes) songs, both fast ones and slow ones. I can not find it now. I am not sure which Tribe it was in, but I know it was ATS®-related.Anyway, I'm trying to put together a shorter-than-usual set list, and I'm in need of a very short fast song that's reasonable for students to dance to. Something that would be good for a group entrance, circle, and a few moves. It doesn't have to be long enough for any more formation changes, just looking to start with a bang, then play a short slow song, and then a longer favorite fast song. Does anyone have recommendations for me?I'd also love recs for very short slow songs. It's nice to have some short songs in our arsenal.thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Oh, hey! Once I stopped trying to use Tribe's search and just hit Google, I found the thread. As I suspected not in the ATS® tribe but in a related one:http://tribalbellydance.tribe.net/thread/7a92a40d-8d5e-4fee-9e6d-ecd127fec7ccI'd still love any suggestions from this group, though - thanks!

Anonymous

Some of these were mentioned on that Tribe thread, but here's my list of shorties:Fast:Raqs Siri'a - Helm (2:08)Down in The Alley Malfoof - Uncle Mafufo (2:11)Drum Solo - Tobias Roberson (2:35)Rakiya's Tabla - Jalilah (1:53)Fallahi - Hossam Ramzy (3:01)Slow:Chaharmezrab - Helm (2:17)Bang - Passion Sources (2:21)Maleh u Filfil - Helm (2:45)I cash Radii - Pentaphobe (2:23)Halawa Ya - Mahmoud Fadl (2:54)Kurdi Takssim - Stellamara (2:56)Kali Sara - Latcho Drom (3:01)Tempo Change:Desert Dervish - Helm/Phil Thornton (2:09)St. Peter - Gypsy Caravan (2:50)

Anonymous

Oh, that's very useful.Thank you for sharing, ladies.

Anonymous

Thanks, Flissy!

Anonymous

You could also use Kashlama 9/8: 1:57 and Sami'i 10/4 1:47 for dramatic slow both on Tribal Dance Tribal Drums album.

Anonymous

We edited a version of Roah Albi from Baladi Plus. We pinched the last 2:27 minutes as the song ramps up.With music editing software like Garage Band, we can finally splice and dice the parts of the music that best suit our needs!

Anonymous

I definitely need to get more sophisticated re: editing music.

Anonymous

Garage Band on Mac is a snap. If I can do it, you can do it!

Anonymous

Another slow one – “This Moment” by the Toids.

Anonymous

My favorite is Kali Sara by Josh Workman 2:01

Anonymous

This is a silly suggestion but it works for me.  Assuming everyone has all the music they've ever bought on their computer, I go into the media player and sort by time.  Then I pick from the songs with the time I need.I don't use a Mac, so use Audacity for editting.  I wish I was better but can generally do what I need. 🙂

Anonymous

I sort by time, too – I was really looking for songs to buy. 🙂 I use Audacity as well, although I hate it. A. Lot. It's hideous.

Anonymous

Hoonk (Incense) is a recent favourite of mine 2.32 mins – slow pieceOn Windows you can use the already built in Windows Movie Maker to chop us tracks.  I often chop/stick music together this way.

Anonymous

Thanks, Kay! Will look into both the song and the software.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.