Vol. #9 moves — who to ask???

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Zina on tribe.net.Hello all, Im wondering something. If I have questions about a volume 9 move, in which tribe should it be posted? Or should the question be directed to the troupe director who presented the move?br/br/Thank you.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.Hi, Zina-you could post your question here, and we could get Jen, Devi or Megha to answer your questions if its one of their moves. Actually, It would be great if you could post it here, so we could all benefit from the answer. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Zina on tribe.net.Thanks, Wendy. I will do so.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jen on tribe.net.Hey Zina, br/br/I will be checking in on a regular basis, and will be happy to assist with any of the Tamarind moves!br/

Anonymous

Originally posted by *** Diana Lee ** on tribe.net.Hello Zina!!br/br/Thank You for posting this. I was wondering the same thing. br/br/forget facebook. I stick to tribe 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Zina on tribe.net.Thanks so much, Jen!

Anonymous

Originally posted by rhiannyn on tribe.net.ok, i have a question about the Arabic Double Turn.br/br/Does the right arm come down, then go back up, and then drop the left arm to table top to start the turn.... which is how it was shown to me, and how we drilled it in the class [and how i remember it from C&T last year]?? Because, the other day, another dancer told me that was wrong, and that we were supposed drop both arms [Arabic Orbit style] then go into the arm position for the two turns.br/br/My Vol 9 is still in a holding pattern at the studio, awaiting Vol 3.... so i have nothing with which to refer... however, i do have the awesomeness that is all of you :)br/br/thanks for any clarification on that 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Tonje on tribe.net.The vid has both arms coming down. So Id go by that, even though you learned it the other way. br/br/The nice thing about bringing both arms down, it looks a lot less like the cue for Water Pot 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.Originally the cue was the right arm coming to shoulder level and then back up, but it changed to both arms coming down to shoulder height. Confusing to those who were used to doing the Water Pot.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Vicky on tribe.net.We havent tried this move in our troupe yet, but Id love to soon! With both arms coming down, does it get confused with the Arabic 1-2-3? We do that one a lot, so if a follower isnt watching like a hawk to see if the leader steps forward or not (for the Arabic 1-2-3), it could get messy.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.no, I wouldnt think it would be easy to confuse the two. with the arabic double turn, the arms come down, then go back up right away.

Anonymous

Originally posted by rhiannyn on tribe.net.thanks everyone! 🙂 appreciate the clarifications 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Tracy on tribe.net.Hi,br/As far as I know, that cue with the right arm to shoulder height is the cue for the Ghawazi Caravan Arabic Turn which is a single turn.br/I think the Double Turn with the both arms down cue came along after that.br/We do both double and single turn cues here in New Zealand.br/;)

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.Weve only learned the double turn, which as Ive said before, did start with the right arm lowering to shoulder level as a cue, but its been changed to both arms lowering, because it was too similar to the water pot setup. I think probably before the Arabic Double Turn was learned worldwide, it probably wasnt a problem for Devis group to catch, but when it was introduced to the rest of the world, with the Water Pot already being part of the vocabulary, it caused some confusion.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.